cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my experience 02

Anonymous
Not applicable
I took a service (mobile broadband on the 14/03/13, which after short while I contacted 02 to terminated the service. Unfortunately, 02 did not make the cancellation as I requested and continued to withdraw money from my account. I noticed that the money was going out of my account in January 2014 (year and half) and cancelled the direct debit. Furthermore, 02 passed my detail to credit agency companies, which have affected me to obtain any credit in the future. I found out after my attempt to open a balance transfer account was declined. The bank advised me to contact the credit check companies and learnt that 02 send negative for default payment to Experian credit file for unpaid bill of £19. I contacted 02 explained the situation where they agreed to cancel the debt and also write to Experian to rectify their mistake. They acknowledged that product was not in use for long period. They also cancelled the outstanding and agreed to write Experian Credit check to remove my detail. But o2 never contacted Experian credit Check Company to update and remove the negative remarks mistakenly sent to them. I have made enormous complaint to 02 but no one is taken this serious or wants to deal with my issue. This is costing me money every month, for o2’s taken to correct their mistake of default for money I did not owe. I have always looked after my detail but o2 service costed me £1000 s. o2 does not want to the responsibility to admit their mistakes and make the necessary changes to my personal account. Your help and advice will be appreciated very much.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So you cancelled the contract by giving 30 days notice but it wasn't done. Presumably this was a rolling 30 day contract and the debt was for either one month or two of missed payments.

18 months is an awful long time to not notice payments going out but when you did notice you should have contacted O2 rather than just cancelling the direct debit. Natural reaction but it's apparent they tried to take further payment as the account hadn't been closed.

Only O2 can sort the mess out for you now. If they have agreed they were in error and cancelled the debt then they should by rights have rectified the credit file.

Complaint link here : How to complain

Email the referral team here : CreditFileReferrals@o2.com 

Finally, personally I would do this first, Google 'CEO O2' and email his office with the problem and a contact number. They will certainly get back to you.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It can take up to 6 months for your credit file to be updated.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3