cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 keeps dropping service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on IOS 8.0.2 and my iPhone 6 keeps losing service.  One minute it will be fine and the next minute it will show No Service, without me moving it or touching it.  I never had a problem with service on my iPhone 5 in the same places, so it does seem to be specific to this handset.

Anybody else having an issue like this?

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community.

I haven't had any network issues on my iPhone 6.

Have you tried resetting your network settings?

Have you taken the sim out and wiped it and put it back in?

These are just general tips.

Maybe try calling O2 CS to check that your account is working ok?

Message 2 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There are still reports that some people are dropping signal on 8.02 so it could be that....
Alternatively it could be a faulty phone or a temp signal issue in your area, which you can check here http://status.o2.co.uk/
If that all shows good you'd be best advised to contact Apple for a Genius appointment to get phone checked out....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - there are no problems with my account and the issue just happens occasionally (sometimes several times a day but some days never).  

Message 4 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks - I am thinking a Genius appointment might be on the cards... shame there isn't an Apple shop in Nottingham and I have to go all the way to Leicester!
Message 5 of 39

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Before you book a Genius appointment (as it isn't convenient to your location), you could maybe try a chat with Apple.  I did that a while ago as I was unable to get out of the house.  I did all of the resets that they suggested and because it was in warranty they arranged a replacement to be sent to me.

Message 6 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck and let us know what they say......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
It could be a failed SIM card that just has happened to occur on transfer of phone.

Do you still have the iPhone 5 to test the sim.

Any O2 shop can swap out the sim for you.
Message 8 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
In terms of the SIM, it's the same one from my iPhone 5 so I don't think it's a SIM issue?
Message 9 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks - I will try that...
Message 10 of 39