Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 Plus - My Review.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Device name : iPhone 6 Plus ~ 16GB. 

By : BandofBrothers.

iphone 6 plus.jpg

The manufacturers specifications and more Product Information : iPhone 6 Plus.

Design

The design of the iPhone 6 Plus just oozes quality and solid workmanship, and its just so thin and light to handle. The curved body both makes it comfortable to hold ,but also IMO makes it a little slippy also.

This is the first time I have tackled a phone to own of this size as I'm normally accustomed to the iPhone 5 ,and my recent iPhone 5s screen sizes of 4” . This is also is a device that I cannot use one handed 100% - Was I put off by this - absolutely not. It is simply a joy to use.

At last Apple have caught up with some of the other phone manufacturers on their ethos on Screen size !  And about time Apple.  Crazy

The 5.5" screen is equipped with 1080 x 1920 pixels with a very bright clear display. The devices Internal memory is 16GB, which gives a user availability of Approx 13GB ,and the Ram is the same as the iPhone 5s at 1GB.

The power On/Off Sleep Wake button located on the right hand upper edge of the chassis is very tactile ,as is the volume rocker switch and mute button which are both located on the left hand upper side.

The Speaker is located on the bottom right hand bottom edge part of the chassis. Earphone 3.5mm jack is located on the Bottom left hand part of the chassis too.

Operating System & UI.

What I found under its hood was stock iOS 8.0 which I updated to iOS8.0.2 - With the Apple A8 Chipset.

The boot up and power down times are fast and the screen is responsive and very fast.

Phone Calls, Texting, Internet and General Usage.

The iPhone 6 Plus handled YouTube videos and streaming Sites with no problems at all.

I made some outbound calls and also received inbound calls which were very clear for both myself, and the person I was calling, and the loudspeaker performed adequately ,and I didn't experience any distortion at all. 

The New predictive keyboard was easy to use in sending text messages and writing posts on forums and is very responsive. I will be looking at 3rd party Keyboard options in due course.

Internet Connection is strong and 4G is fast. The internet experience using Safari And Chrome was a breeze to use ,and buttery smooth in most aspects.

Wifi connectivity both to my Home Broadband Router and the Coffee shops I frequent along with our free City Centre Wifi gave me no issues ref drop outs.

I also found the New HD screen to be readable in sunny conditions outdoors and was just as fine indoors too. The clarify of fonts and vibrant colours complemented the iPhone screen specs.

The iPhone pushed my e mails and notifications to me from my server with ease, which is something that is a ‘want and need’ from any communication device I use.

The Apps available from the App Store were the usual affair of useful, eye candy and dross.

The iPhone coped very well with games I tried out. As usual I played Fifa 14, which pushes most devices to see if it offers a good gaming experience.

The ringtone alerts and Notification Sounds were loud and clear again something which is a want and need due to the environment I work in.

Battery.

I turned on every spec within the iPhone and used it as my primary device and found that it gave me around around two days usage. {Please take into account I had everything turned on in the iPhone settings, e mails set to push every 5 minutes, and used it quite heavily}

In my opinion I don't want to turn this and that spec off, and reduce screen on times etc, and rush what I'm doing before the screen times out etc. I want to enjoy what the device brings.

Camera.

The camera has a 8MP camera which is enough for me when i need to capture that ‘special moment’ picture. The front facing camera is 1.2MP. Both are good enough for what I as a casual picture taker would ever need. The Slo-Mo is just awesome.

Music.

As a regular commuter on public transport all I ask is for a decent experience whilst listening to my tunes, which the iPhone 6 Plus does exceptionally very well. Their are lots of bells and whistles for one to play around with within the music settings if you deem its warranted.

Accessories.

I found the usual affair of weird and wonderful expensive and low cost sleeves and cases for this phone on well known selling sites, and on the high-street.

Here is a picture of the Original Leather Apple Case I have chosen to use.

£39 from the Apple Store.

iphone 6 case.jpg

The Good for me about this phone.

Quality of workmanship.

Very Light to handle.

Larger Display.

Quality of Display.

Good Performance overall.

Very Responsive Screen.

Battery gave approx two days usage..

4G.

The Not so good for me about this phone.

Non removable Battery.

Care possibly needs to be taken if carried in tight trouser pockets ref the well documented 'bending ' issue.

Slippery to hold ~ Case is a must for me.

Non Expandable Memory via SD Card.

Price could be a deal-breaker.

Very Limited availability.

My Rating out of 10.

9/10.

Conclusion.

I very happy to own this phone and due to my eyesight I will certainly take advantage of the extra screen size.

I hope you enjoyed my review as much as I enjoyed reviewing this Device.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for a great review. Even more desperate to get mine now 😔
Message 2 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank for the review
It seems like a good phone
Message 3 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for a great review. Even more desperate to get mine now 😔

Hi Merlin,

I reserved one at midnight and picked it up the following day from my Local Apple Store.

When I un-boxed it at the set up desk in the shop the Genius stopped me and said we need to get you a replacement. He had seen the smallest scratch on the casing which I had not noticed. Now thats service.

So far its been awesome.

Message 4 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great review Bandofbrothers, as one would expect coming from u wink

Message 5 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 53

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Interested how you got 2 days battery life out of a phone you picked up today too.........?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 53

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good going trying out all the wifi spots in town, you must have been on skates bob.

Message 8 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry MI5 I should have stated I've had the handset a few days now.

Jonsie I reserved one using the Apple online reservation system so yes after reserving one this meant i visited the store and walked out with the iphone. I was surprised they had them available.

A person can reserve via http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/

Message 9 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have free city centre wifi so I had a stroll around town and frequented some coffee shops and MacDonalds @jonsie  

Message 10 of 53