cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5s

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see there are some offers on the iPhone 5s. I was just wondering whether it would be worth buying a 5s? 

Does it still run well and would it do so for the full contract length? Given that it is an older phone now. 

Any current 5s owners? slight_smile

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I'm still using a 32gb 5 as my travel phone so a 5s would be a step up for me.
It's running iOS10 with no problem at all.
The prices for a 5s are very attractive at the mo.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also if you like the size & shape of the 5S then they are doing some decent deals on the SE at present
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I was looking at the £15 and £18 a month contract. Not bad. Trouble is it's only the 16GB model and I'd want to carry some music.

Do you know if the 5 can run Pokemon go? I tried it on an old 4s but it wouldn't load. 

@Anonymous Thanks I'll check that out. 

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you should be able to run Pokemon go if you have iOS 10 installed on the device @Anonymous

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I had a look but I'll need give o2 a ring tomorrow and see what I can do. I don't want to lose my current tariff and there doesn't seem to be an offer with either phone with the same deal.
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you had the means you could buy the phone sim free & just sim swap to a nano sim. 

Message 7 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Forget 16gb - they fill up and slow down too quickly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Too right. I'm thinking of upgrading to a higher GB iPhone 6S soon 

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

True, probably for the best. Really hoped it would be alright though as the price was so low! 

Message 10 of 18