cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

google Chromecast

Anonymous
Not applicable

At last Google Chromcast is now availible for IOS! if any of you dont know what chrome cast is, itsa usb dongle that goes into your tv that will allow you to stream from mobile, tablet or laptop straight to TV with out the need of HDMI cables plus Google Play store has lots of films and music that you can stream as well as BBC IPlayer and a few other TV on demand services, the device is £30 from PC World and well worth it! 

Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
That's it - I'm getting one on my way home slight_smile
http://www.google.co.uk/chrome/devices/chromecast/#cc-apps
You stream from phone or laptop (or anything on same wifi network) to your TV
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 71 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume then that for laptops it avoids the need for a hdmi cable.

Ideal to stream from phones, in that sense makes laptop redundant.

Biggest bonus of course is that you can take it anywhere and use it anywhere where the tv has hdmi and your phone has either wifi or data?
Message 72 of 95

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yep, that's about it....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 73 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was hoping to be able to stream the use of using the forum that way due to my eyes but jonsie confirmed it's not for that type of usage.
Message 74 of 95

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

You can stream the forum if you use Chrome browser.
PS, just reserved one online from Curry's and it was only £18.00 slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 75 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just reserved mine online at Currys for £18. Great find from me and even better update from @MI5
Message 76 of 95

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

You can view any website using chrome on your tv but the problem for me is that the mouse pointer doesn't transmit to the screen. I sometimes browse the forum on TV if my eyes are strained as in the present set up.

Main use for me is photos, video, you tube and Netflix.

Message 77 of 95

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Just reserved mine online at Currys for £18. Great find from me and even better update from @MI5

Best part of it is I have reserved for store pick up so still get it on way home but another £2 cheaper Dance

Currently using:
Message 78 of 95

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 79 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here @MI5 😆😆😆😆
Message 80 of 95