cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Bidding

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do all people wait till the last days / minutes before bidding?

I've had nothing but 1 watcher and 40 views and its only 3 days left 😞

I'm a first time eBayer trying to sell my customised iPhone 5S....

Help

Message 1 of 120
119 REPLIES 119

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Of course they do - They all wait for the last seconds as they want to buy it for as little as possible wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
Worrying it won't sell :'(
Message 3 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes I buy outright and on other occasions I watch an item to see if I can snatch the item for a good price.

Makes me smile when my higher bid is outbid within seconds.
Message 4 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahahah yes I have heard people enjoying doing that... well hopefully my phone will sell then! Even with only watcher currently... fingers crossed eh!
Message 5 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
Be very wary if you get a buyer.

The amount of bad stories of a buyer raising a dispute to get the funds back. 😞

Message 6 of 120

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Worrying it won't sell :'(

I sell loads of phones on ebay and there is no point listing them for any longer than 3 days - People mostly look at phones from a "ending soonest" view, rather than "newly listed" so you won't get many watchers until the last few days.......

Of course with yours been heavily customised it will have to appeal to a smaller audience than a standard one though 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
How has it been customised @Anonymous ?
Message 8 of 120

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Additionally, I've never had any bother at all.
I always list entirely honestly and make a point of saying in the listing that I record the IMEI numbers for buyer and seller protection (this prevents them from switching phones on you).
I also photograph them working and showing a network connection etc - You've got to think like a thief to protect yourselves from the thieves 😞

Currently using:
Message 9 of 120

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

$_57.JPG

Currently using:
Message 10 of 120