cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

basic Wi-Fi / internet question

Anonymous
Not applicable

this is for me & a friend of mine = Eh-Up-Ow-Do ..... when out & about on a laptop / notebook / tablet etc using Wi-Fi, is it free to use? ..... ie does it come off your 'internet allowance' as when you are using your mobile electronic devices when at home ..... is there a 'useage allowance' with an internet provider eg I'm with Sky for internet & O2 for mobile phone = I truly don't know & should I? ..... my friend is with Three

Also what does Wi-Fi stand for? ..... I'm assuming the Wi is wireless, is the Fi perhaps fidelity? as in Hi-Fi = high fidelity?

thank you

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

WispaRed7 calling @perksie

will you consider having a go teaching me publicly on O2C usiing bullit point fashion

(1) ..... pix from my phone to O2C .... so I can post a pic of my cat Marty on one of the cat threads

(2) ..... pix from disk to O2C ..... so I post some pix to O2C in general

(3) ..... pix on above 1 & 2       = .....how to tinker withem with enhnanced text 

(4) ..... pix from elsewhere to fb / O2C / to attach to an email

I know how to send pix from mobile to fb / and I can attach from phone to an email using 

I DON'T know how to send pix from disk to laptop to fb / email attachment / to O2C 

I store pix to disk in a good town photo-shop ..... & .....it has a small sized pic of all on disk numbered index cards & is easy for me to use to select one / more to print off in the future

@perksie starting me ..... & ..... with such like @jonsie / @MI5 / @Cleoriff / etc etc etc chipping in 

Could tag onto threads  before or start new one ..... ( I can use the seach facility at trhp)

will you get back to me please ..... it does mean a long to me

WispaRed7 .. slight_smile .. A bee has 5 eyes ..... Cat

Message 11 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I can't speak for @perksie but I'm always here to assist in any way though my time on here is somewhat limited ☺

Message 12 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous  ...before the lads go all technical ...let me tell you a little trick I use when on laptop only.

* Using google I search for images of the picture I want (i.e. funny cats)

* Find the picture and click on it to display properly

* When the picture is displayed I then right click my mouse.

* A number of options are displayed as a list

* One of the options states Copy Image. I click this one

* Then I come to my forum post and Right click my mouse again

* This displays more options. One of those is paste.

* I click paste

* Picture is displayed in my post i.e.

I then press post and it does...as above.

(Sometimes because you 'bypass' the forum picture post 'box' ...you get an error message highlighted in pink. Ignore it and press post again...Voila ...you have posted a picture on the forum.

It is quick and easy...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 35

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Can't get more simple than the instructions I posted Steve. Jane is like me and uses her laptop most of the time. For me that is the quickest way to get a pic on here...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 35

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Now I no longer have to save the picture and then upload it....Every day's a school day Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

There you go @Cleoriff, you even taught me today 😉

BLIMEY!!!  Bouncy

However... not going to take the credit. @viridis taught me that trick.Smiley Very Happy

Before, it was a long involved process of finding an image..... saving it to my laptop picture gallery....then going in and searching for it to upload here (using the forum 'insert/edit image box)

Pffttt....Destroy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 35

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

There you go @Cleoriff, you even taught me today 😉

BLIMEY!!!  Bouncy

However... not going to take the credit. @viridis taught me that trick.Smiley Very Happy

Before, it was a long involved process of finding an image..... saving it to my laptop picture gallery....then going in and searching for it to upload here (using the forum 'insert/edit image box)

Pffttt....Destroy

That's how I used to do it.....😯
Message 19 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

in other words jonsie :-

Keep

Calm

Do It 

Slowly & Simply

Message 20 of 35