cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

basic Wi-Fi / internet question

Anonymous
Not applicable

this is for me & a friend of mine = Eh-Up-Ow-Do ..... when out & about on a laptop / notebook / tablet etc using Wi-Fi, is it free to use? ..... ie does it come off your 'internet allowance' as when you are using your mobile electronic devices when at home ..... is there a 'useage allowance' with an internet provider eg I'm with Sky for internet & O2 for mobile phone = I truly don't know & should I? ..... my friend is with Three

Also what does Wi-Fi stand for? ..... I'm assuming the Wi is wireless, is the Fi perhaps fidelity? as in Hi-Fi = high fidelity?

thank you

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Must admit with the number of pictures I post it is an absolute godsend to me. Cuts out the middle man as it were. I am no longer saving pictures to my laptop that I don't want

I hadn't tried the copy and paste way until about 3 months ago.  It was a bit disconcerting to get the pink highlighted error when you first try to post...but I just ignore it and post again. Simples wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 35

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6979 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

keep-calm-and-relax-it-s-sunday.png

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 32 of 35

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 33 of 35

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Never tried it with my phone @jonsie...but like Jane... I use my laptop most of the time...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 35