cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

animals: pets/wild/real/imagined/past present or future

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really should open up this thread with a pic of my big ginger/white rescue cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent Cat Very Happy

however atm I'm not quite capable of doing that, but I will in time wink

so, I'll tell you about, how I came to have the pleasure of being Marty's human mommy :womanvery-happy:

he lived in Barnoldswick ..... his human mommy then took herself off for the Winter to the Mediterranean, & built a sort of hut/shack for him whilst she was away ..... how about food & water ..... = ..... we don't know

his previous mom came back off her jollies & moved in with her mum, took Marty with her, to find the older woman was allergic to cat fur

so Marty went into Craven Cat Rescue Centre ..... atop Connley Moor for 9 months ..... he was well looked after there & enjoyed the food & wasn't phased about it at all

along come a couple & chose him ..... only to find because he liked to jump up top a wardrobe (he still does) the couple brought him back to the cattery

this couple then choose 2 cats who the leader of CCRC tells them that the 2 cats don't get on ..... however the 2 cats go home with this couple

& yes you guessed it the couple brought back the 2 cats & to boot wanted to have Marty back again

by now the leader of CCRC had had enough ..... these people were obviously not serious pet owning human beings imho ..... or they needed a 'lap cat' 

my previous cat Wispa (black, long, svelte, shiny coat, gentle,comforting) had just been put to sleep at the vets ..... & ..... I couldn't settle without a comforting cat in the house

so contacted CCRC ..... went for a look around asap ..... = ..... and chose Marty (his name was Marbelz att) ..... or did he choose me :womanvery-happy: Cat Very Happy..... I offered £20 which was gratefully accepted 

he didn't make a muff in the leader's car on the way home with me proudly sitting in the front of her car with Marty (Marbelz) in a cat carry basket on my knee

that was one great Sunday

tbc

WispaRed7 Cat ferociously feline furever

PS: it was suggested to me by a 'higher up' at O2community, that I start a thread about cats, I did a bit of this Thoughful & a bit of this Thinking & ended up with the subject as above = all animals Bouncy

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I have some pets,
But people may be queasy.
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

come on Viridis, it's not like you to be shy wink

I remember a post of yours which was of a large, long, lime-green coloured snake

snakes/reptiles don't make me queasy ..... a good friend of mine has several (mating couples) + a dog

it's just snakes/reptiles are not my choice of house pets

but if going to a zoo or wildlife park, I will always have a look at all the animals the place has & enjoy the experience of different species

perhaps a small pic or 2 to begin with 

& I don't think many people are here at this time of night anyway slight_smile

Message 3 of 16

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

DSC_0567.jpg

DSC_0861.jpg

DSC_1399.jpg

And this is one of their homes.

That fog is, well it's fog, built a system that can recreate natural weather inside their homes. From clear days to thick heavy thunderstorms.

DSC_0659.jpg

Message 4 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93156 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Feeding times a blast.
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

jonsie you always crack me up ..... Smiley LOL Crazy LOL LOL

finished yer packing yet mate ? 

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
Feeding times a blast.

you also crack me up viridus = tee hee hee

I'm curious

what type of snake is it

is it a her or a she

& that's a fantabulous vivarium you've created for the snake with the beautiful lime green colour skin

viridus, I won't, just won't, I positively refuse to say I'd love a pair of shoes with matching handbag ooooooooh I did slight_frown

seriously, I don't have a leather handbag or coat/skirt/trousers

but do have to wear leather shoes ..... got very clammy feet & get athletes foot in other material footwear..... yep, I know tmi 

how long have you been interested in reptiles ?

& kept them at home ?

WispaRed7 Cat Very Happy

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is my cat Taylor who did decided to go on a journey for a month. We thought we had lost her.   😢

image.jpg

Message 9 of 16

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Here's my 2 slight_smile

dogs.jpg

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 16