Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z3, The (kind of) guided tour.

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

OK, whilst at the moment I'm unable to go through the Z3's dedicated apps and features dependant on hardware(ps4 remote - maybe soon, cam iso 12,000 - maybe not).

I have now got what is as close to 100% of the system ui running on the z2.

I'll run through as many of the different visual differences the Z3 has in comparison to the current Sony ui presently on the Z series.

The home screen.

Screenshot_2014-09-10-21-27-43.png

The new home screen is near enough exactly the same as the current Z series however larger icons allround is a slight change. The font is also narrower and seems sharper (it's not, but appears sharper). Also the new clock is present and looks that little nicer than previous stock clocks.

The wallpapers

experience_blue.png

Similar to the current range, the Z3's wallpapers have been refined and now look even sharper, the usual waves have had a slight overhaul and look more clearer and defined on the new ui.

The live wallpaper no longer changes colour but instead you now have the option of choosing the waves colour, and there's quite a selection to choose from. The live wallpaper also is a LOT smoother when swiping and looks great.

Screenshot_2014-09-10-21-12-11.png

Screenshot_2014-09-10-21-12-18.png

The themes have also been updated with less fancy farty names and instead themes are now simple colour names.

Screenshot_2014-09-10-21-11-54.png

The app drawer

Screenshot_2014-09-10-21-54-40.png

Nicely filled with the larger icons and clearer font, it's a nice difference and scrolls smoother.

On the whole, the look is not an upgrade, it's not different... It's refined. Everything from the visual range has been made clearer, smoother and optimised for a large display.

I'll hopefully be adding more to this thread before the Z3 launches with (hopefully) a few more of the new features tested out.

As a first glance opinion, I like what I see.

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144306 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No, I've only used what came with 4.4.4 upgrade previously but it looks very similar to your screenies....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 43

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Lol wouldn't know about 4.4.4. Sony forgot us
Message 42 of 43

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144306 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's a solid build mate....
Can't believe Z2's haven't got though.... Typical of Sony lol
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 43