cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Mental Health Day

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a sufferrer of many years with Bi-Polar disorder ... & sufferring other ignorant people's beliefs of what that means to them eg split personality ... = ... which it certaily is not ... OK a day to mark poor mental health ... its a daily battle, often disguised ... I chose deliberately not to go out 'celebrating' ... the stats are the same as they were 20 years ago 1 in 4 people, at some time in their life, will have a mental health related illness

There are many people worse off than me, is what I say to myself when experiencing 'difficulties'

Cat

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

A great attitude to have Jane. I personally think you cope brilliantly. A great sense of humour and always enjoy

our chats.

You are right though ...a condition that is very misunderstood and something that many people try to hide or feel embarrassed about. Virtual kudo's to you for talking about it...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for your post above @Cleoriff ... you are 110% dependable / reliable Cougar Gal ... in your personal & professional capacity as a career nurse you show understanding which the average person doesn't really, until mental illness hits them or someone close to them

btw 'I came out' in my 1st post on Facebook, as I was brassed off in my life by 'investing' time in so called friends, until it came to the point when I had to tell them about the Bi Polar ... & ... they generally skedaddled then bad-mouthing me ... well the shallow 'friends' did anyway ... & ... those sort of people you just don't want in your life at all

Surround yourself with Angels 

Cat

Message 3 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Nowt so queer as folk, as they say, Jane wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Nowt so queer as folk, as they say, Jane wink

yep, @MI5 Cat Surprised

Message 5 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

And to put my two cents in, you have our utmost support @Anonymous

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 26

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Educational ignorance is how I see it.
With bi-polar, many take emphasis of understanding from the old and incorrect bipolar schizophrenia and the negative use of the term "schitzo"when in fact schizophrenia is rarely a subcondition of bipolar, I admit, I myself was poorly educated regarding this until I read up a little on mental health issues due to my son.
In regards to my son's condition and it's lack of understanding in the world, I think I myself really felt inclined to bite at the snooty man on the eurostar last year when he was looking at my lad as if he had some viral infection and was utterly disgusted we had allowed him in public...
"Oh don't worry mate, you can't catch it" followed by another word for a sharp point beginning with pric#
Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @Bambino

for what you have said above  ^  ^  ^

it means a lot to me

Cat

Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis well said above  ^  ^  ^

Cat

Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive just come across this forum and omg it's amazing I would love to be part of this as I am a 37 old lady who has suffered mental health/ manic depression for about 15 years now and I struggle so so much could I please join this wonderful forum ?? 🙏🙏xx
Message 10 of 26