Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Update Problems

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

For anyone who uses it on PC or laptop, it appears the Anniversary Update is causing problems.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/08/windows-10-anniversary-update-breaks-most-webc...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Win10 is by far the best win os yet.

Even before it had officially launched last year, it was enough to convince me that the time was right to move over from the dark side, and return to Windows. If I'm honest though, there have been times when I've questioned that decision, as my old MacBook was silky smooth in operation compared to my Surface tablet, which has crashed on a fairly regular basis (I honestly can't remember the last time I experienced any such problems with Apple). It's as if they'd rushed out the initial release of Windows 10, before they'd had time to fully test it and iron out all the glitches, and have been playing catch-up ever since.

Fingers crossed, that they've finally nailed it this time  Destroy

Message 11 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'd agree with the rush but now problems have been ironed out I find it superb.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Win10 is by far the best win os yet.

I agree now I am used to it. I won't be bothering with the Anniversary update though....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 38

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You won't have a choice!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You won't have a choice!

I will. I haven't heard one thing about it on my PC. He went looking for the update....so unless something pops up on my PC saying 'Update Now' it can stay as it is thank you very much...Drum

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 38

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Just wait.... You'll see.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Just wait.... You'll see.

As soon as it happens...you will be the very first to know...Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 38

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'm sure of that 😛

Currently using:
Message 18 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
You won't have a choice!

I will. I haven't heard one thing about it on my PC. He went looking for the update....so unless something pops up on my PC saying 'Update Now' it can stay as it is thank you very much...Drum

I didn't have a choice, and I believe that's the default option nowadays where updates are concerned (unless you've made any changes to your settings to enable you to opt out?). That was supposed to improve our online security (i.e. automatic updates), even if it means accepting a few things that we may not welcome. But I wouldn't be put off by anything you may have read about the anniversary release, just try it and make your own mind up (you can always roll back to your current version).

Edit: it seems you can't opt out of receiving updates. I'm sure I read advice to the contrary, but this article suggests otherwise.

Message 19 of 38

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
That's what I was saying.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 38