Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Update Problems

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

For anyone who uses it on PC or laptop, it appears the Anniversary Update is causing problems.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/08/windows-10-anniversary-update-breaks-most-webc...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Thanks for that info @Bambino. My husband updated his laptop last week and is currently very pleased with it. He wants me to update mine. I willl make sure he sees the info in your link....and I won't bother updating though neither of us use the webcam much . Smiley Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 38

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

I don't use Windows 10 @Cleoriff, but I had thought that once it was installed, you cannot stop the updates. I have, however, found a workaround http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-windows-update-in-windows-10

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 38

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 4 of 38

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

There is the option too of rolling back if the update gives problems or you simply don't like it.

Message 5 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

The problem is I have just had both laptops updated to Win 10. I am getting used to it. Then up rocks the other half and says Oh there is this Anniversary Update. I said what does it do? Patronisingly he says 'It's just better'...Me: How? ...Him,: It just is....

That was it. I just replied well I have had no notification that it is a required update so I will leave mine as it is thank you very much....I am long past the time when 'it's just better' works for me. Give me info and proof and I may be convinced...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 38

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

All to do with security apparently but if it knacks the webcam maybe that's part of the security LOL

Message 7 of 38

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I've not installed it as it hasn't come through the managed updates I take from the server - basically my laptop remains the same build as everyone elses within the company and we can swap as needed.  

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 8 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

My update came through last night, and I'm pleased to say there are no issues so far. It's a hefty download though, but I like how you can delete previous versions to free up storage space. Some might say that's a risky strategy, as you might want to roll back to an earlier release. But they get deleted automatically at some point anyway, so I went ahead and recovered nearly 13GB.

My initial impressions are good, and the new Windows ink space is a really cool feature. Windows 10 is starting to look like the finished article.

I'll remember I said that, the next time it crashes wink

Message 9 of 38

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Win10 is by far the best win os yet.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 38