Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Is T Mobile So £££

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
And good morning
Hope everyones doing well...
Just got a call from t mobile weird thou they wanted me to take out a contract but i wouldnt leave O2 so i thiught let me play along they offered me iphone 5s for £52 a month omg why so damn expensive...
Than they said or i can have a samsung galaxy s4 for £36 month
Im like i got a better deal with O2
Thats when they started saying well we got better coverage thats why our prices are higher i asked again politely why u dont have the top handsets anymore and why so expensive plus are t mobile going to shut down...
All i got was a no comment lol
I was like ok than thank u but im happy with O2

What are ur opinions on t mobile or has anyone delt with them recently why are there.prices so high
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

The iPhone 5s will Come down in price ref contracts handset upfront costs when the next iPhone is released in September.

As do other phones. slight_smile

It's always best not to upgrade or take on a contract from a cold Call.

Instead do some leg work on the net and in the high street.

Sometimes the independents such as Carphonewarehouse can give better deals but cannot offer tariffs such as the O2 Refresh option.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning @Anonymous i hope you are well.

If you do a search you will see that all of the networks have been quietly raising their prices for contracts and they are now starting to look decidedly expensive. They then do deals to entice you in.

In my experience i used to purchase a contract phone with a tariff and get locked in to a contract but not any more. In future it will be sim only buying the handset outright and then most likely using either a virtual operator or doing a sim only deal through the likes of Quidco or TopCashBack on the main operators which significantly reduced the price i pay.
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Never upgrade from a cold call. Do your homework before deciding which phone and tariff you want and check the coverage before deciding on the network. As you have found out a phone is only as good as the coverage you get.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you piperdog3 I have bookmarked your post for info/future reference Good Idea Fantastic Thanks!

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

[edit] piperdog123, sorry 

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are very welcome @Anonymous

Typically i find Quidco provide a cash back on some tariffs that over a year equate to over £8 per month. (£21 down to around £12.75). The downside is signing up to a 12 month sim only deal.
Message 7 of 7