cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can rid us of that Barmey Cat

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't think of any reason, let alone any good reason, why O2  should have chosen to promote itself using a cat that thinks it is a dog. It is weird,  and maybe even disrespectful to both species of mammal, never mind the human beings it is aimed at.  So high time to get rid of it!!   Why not start now - with a more relvant approach.  I was thinking of a slogan something like "BE MORE HELPFUL" with a wide image of an O2 Call Centre showing operatives falling asleep at their computer terminals while irate customers foam and fume as their blood pressure rises to the point where they have absolutely no alternative but to log in to O2 Community for a good old rant.

Well that is certainly the impression one is left with after a quick survey of the various boards in this forum - and never a word of explanation, apology, excuse or promise to do better from O2.  Perhaps we should all chant at O2 management (if such exists)  "Be more Dog!!  Face up to reality and your responsibilities! Do something worthwhile about your Customer Services, starting with online CHAT"

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pretty strong feelings their Gerry

I do agree and from particular recent threads about call centre que times and the recent thread about staff cuts at Uk O2 Callcentres it does need to improve.
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, not particularly strong feelings at all @Anonymous I would say much stronger feelings are expressed by those who quite regularly now advise one and all NOT TO USE online Chat at all.
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I submit after reading those particular posts that Live Chat have been left wanting.

We all speak from experience and mine have been ok with Live Chat, but that may because through knowledge I've been able to steer them in the right direction to accomplish what I wanted.

I respect a members opinion to suggest "not" using Live Chat.
Message 4 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Totally agree Gerry.
O2 CS needs a kick from all directions to wake them up but I fear even more woe esp now that Capita are farming off the UK call centres to foreign shores......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I agree totally with @MI5 here. I strongly object to Live Chat and refuse to recommend others to use them as they quite simply not up to the job.

O2 just this week said Customer Service was the key driver to their success so one has to assume it will also be key to their downfall too if they don't sort CS out.
Message 6 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

And most of you know my feelings on that freak of a cat dog. Evil

O2 must have offended 50% of the animal loving public with that advert.....

Edit: I have the same sort of strong feelings about Live Chat...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 20

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I reserve my strong feelings for people wink

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I reserve my strong feelings for people wink

I can be all encompassing LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I can be all encompassing LOL

Why does that sound soooooooooo intimidating?  LOL

Message 10 of 20