cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which decade was your favourite

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine was the 80's great music, Belinda Carlisle, great movies, the last few Roger Moore bond films, top gun, the hairstyles
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree. 60's were great, especially surf rock ... like The Beach Boys !

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 40

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7258 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
For me it has to be late 80's & 90's slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 32 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
What a great discussion this has been (shame we can't award kudos to any of the posts), even if it has made me feel old wink
Message 33 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well @Anonymous  I ws really pleased to see that so many people agree that the 60's was the best ever decade. Reading this,  I actually don't feel as old as I am LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to admit that even though I wasn't born in the 60's I actually like a lot of that eras music, beach boys for instance & the Beatles
Message 35 of 40

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have to admit that even though I wasn't born in the 60's I actually like a lot of that eras music, beach boys for instance & the Beatles

It still surprises me that it appeals to so many people today, when I saw Paul Butterfield Blues Band I had no idea such music existed.

The old Beatles albums were amazing. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 36 of 40

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

The one decade that defined a whole generation was the 6Os. This world would be a very different place but for the rebellious nature of the younger people. Pop music and lyrics were symbols of the changes. Anti war protests about Vietnam, nuclear arms were epitomised by Dylan, Seagers and the fashion borne by this revolution was initially two fingers up to our parents.

Some changes maybe not so good because respect for the older generation diminished along with their incredulous disbelief in what they were seeing happening.

Such a lot happened back then I could write a book, indeed many have, but check your history books you guys who weren't around to see just what us oldies did for you.

Message 37 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

^^^^^^^^^^^ Exactly that.

Just for you @jonsie (and me ...and any other 60's fanatic) here is one of the songs released in 1965. It told our parents exactly what was what....and what was coming...Bouncy

I remember my dad saying 'what a load of bloody rubbish'....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hey and guess what...The Who are still packing stadiums even today. Slightly different line up but the two founder members Daltrey and Townsend remain...

A classic song still played at political rallies today is Wont get Fooled Again This video version (when they allowed a young pretender onstage with them) was recorded in 2000

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 40

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I would love to have seen the Who in concert. Not sure my fragile ears could withstand the volume these days though wink

Here's something a bit lighter and probably the greatest advert song ever from 1970s for Coca Cola:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 40 of 40