cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which decade was your favourite

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine was the 80's great music, Belinda Carlisle, great movies, the last few Roger Moore bond films, top gun, the hairstyles
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Pah....you are but a child @Anonymous It has to be the 60's.

Though there is a quote which said 'If you remember the 60's ....you weren't there' ...I must have been a good lass then because I remember it quite well Whistle

Seriously, the 60's defined much of our culture today. The music, fashion, technology and medicine.

So I am delighted  'I was there' wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 40

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'll go with the 60s, there are some blanks but I do remember a fair bit of it.............LOL

Life was somehow easier and more laid back than now and stress was something we heard little of.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

I'll go with the 60s, there are some blanks but I do remember a fair bit of it.............LOL

Life was somehow easier and more laid back than now and stress was something we heard little of.

People can't understand  it now...but living through Beatlemania was madness. One Direction haven't seen anything on that scale. They may think they have.....Whistle

Then of course.... there was Woodstock....Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 40

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

I saw the Beatles. August 15, 1965. Shea Stadium. Couldn't hear a thing they sang. It was great. I still have the raincheck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

I saw the Beatles. August 15, 1965. Shea Stadium. Couldn't hear a thing they sang. It was great. I still have the raincheck.

I don't suppose you were part of the screaming horde though @Bambino wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's an interesting question, and a difficult one to answer. I grew up in the sixties, and can remember playing football in the street (there weren't as many cars on the road as we see today), and we didn't have the same expectations that people seem to have nowadays. I can remember how excited we were to get our first colour television, which had a 22" screen, and was rented from Redifussion. I think the kids of today would quickly get bored watching just three channels (and no breakfast TV either). You made your own entertainment back then :smileywink:.

I think the seventies was good for music though. I was a big Genesis fan back then, but the first concert that I went to see in 1975 was Supertramp (with Joan Armatrading as the support act). Looking back, the fashion was a bit suspect though, with those high waisted trousers, patch pockets, and ridiculously wide flares. But at the time, we thought we looked cool :smileywink:.

Message 7 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

80's definitely!!

Great fashion, great music, great hair etc.......plus i was born in 1981!!!

Message 8 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sixties don't forget thunderbirds
Message 9 of 40

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

No @Cleoriff , but I was pretty awestruck just to be there. Hard to believe it was nearly 50 years ago. Look at the price on the ticket.

Rain Check1.jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 40