cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's you're Good Friday & Easter plans.

Anonymous
Not applicable
For me it's sofa surfing today as day off work ,as it's a bank holiday. slight_smile

Trip to eldest sons tomorrow to catch up ,and drop off their Easter eggs. A special one for our Granddaughter.

Onto home and chill.

Monday hopefully if the weather holds a nice walk.

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I agree @Anonymous . with Vettel and Mark Webber. I think he was the main reason Webber had

enough of F1. However Vettel is getting his come-uppance with this new kid on the block and not before

time.

A knowledgeable friend of mine firmly believes that Vettel is struggling with the 'new car setup' this season,

whereas Ricciardo has had little experience of anything other than this new setup!

Though most of the drivers are as old as Vettel and they don't seem to struggle..(Go Lewis)

I cheer for him, mainly because I think he is a brilliant driver and British..I have no interest in the politics of

where he lives and how much tax he evades.

He is no different to many other people in the same situation.... in that he looks after number one wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 61 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
I love Mark Webber and I was sorry to see him go. It was good to have someone in F1 who didn't care about the politics and told it like it was.

I'm hoping Ricciardo might have some of the same about him though - he doesn't seem to be intimidated by Vettel.

I think Lewis is a brilliant driver but there's just something about him I can't warm to - it's nothing to do with taxes or where he lives though. I've always been more of a Button fan, probably because I've got family in Frome so I feel he's more local!
Message 62 of 92

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I know what you mean about Hamilton....as many of my friends feel the same.

However when both Hamilton and Button drove for McLaren, I preferred Lewis....Smiley Very Happy

I always liked his back story to use a BGT phrase haha.....British lad, not particularly well off, came up via

the go-karting circuit etc etc etc....

I find us Brits in general hate success stories and seem to gain delight in knocking folk down.

The same happened to David Beckham...and hey guess what? ...I love him as well LOLLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well slight detour to my days arrangements.

My partners sister is having issues with her desktop PC with windows 7.

So I'm now currently dealing with that.

Not an easy task after using OS X Mavericks.
Message 64 of 92

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

There's always something crops up, usually at the most inconvenient times!Weird

Message 65 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sure does @jonsie but I don't mind.

They've done enough favours for us in the past.

Happy Days.
Message 66 of 92

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I'm off to see the boys shortly but have to call in the hospice on the way @Anonymous and somehow have to turn the conversation to ask my friend if he has made a will. The staff don't think he has long left and there's the small matter of the funeral directors wanting an upfront fee if anything happens. Problem is his wife is Thai and doesn't speak much English and having promised my friend that I would take care of her and their son I am going to have a lot to sort out.

Going to spend time with my family is a good distraction and it certainly makes you count your blessings.

Message 67 of 92

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsieBest of luck with today. though it's my experience that most people in hospices know what their

outcome will be and are waiting hopefully for someone else to bring up 'matters of reality'

I certainly hope that is the case with your friend.

Have as good a day as you can ..heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 92

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 69 of 92

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
@jonsie best of luck today
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 70 of 92