cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when an iPhone bends too much?

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hmnn........fact or fantasy Thoughful

What happens when an iPhone bends too much? One man says his bent so much it punctured the battery and caught fire, causing second-degree burns to his leg.

http://www.cnet.com/news/guy-says-his-iphone-6-bent-and-caught-on-fire/

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Given the described circumstances any phone would have been severely damaged. Pure hype because it happened to be the latest iphone and loosely connected to the bend craze.

True...and I refer back again to my previous comment...Any publicity blah blah blah...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 18

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

And someone just happened to have a mobile handy to film what was left of the iphone. I would much prefer to have seen a film of a rickshaw smash, that would have been newsworthy!:smileyhappy:

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its like these people who say a camera adds 10lbs......maybe they should stop eating them!!  Shocked

Message 13 of 18

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Its like these people who say a camera adds 10lbs......maybe they should stop eating them!!  Shocked

Brilliant LOL

Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I must admit I'm quite glad of all these reviews as it just makes me be more careful with mine. If I'd not heard about bend gate I would certainly had put my phone in my pocket.now I'm more careful and it stays on my desk or in my bag
Message 15 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
More open to theft?
The inability to feel comfortable putting your phone in your pocket is a serious victory for media scaremongers.
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
More open to theft?
The inability to feel comfortable putting your phone in your pocket is a serious victory for media scaremongers.

my phone (not a smartphone) when outside the home is in my handbag, zipped up, when in transit

when seated somewhere I can then check my phone (can't hear phone ring when in handbag)

I have never put my phone in my pocket outside the home = I'm a girl (albeit getting on a bit now) :womanlol:

to me putting your phone in your trouser pockets is like a man who puts his loose change there ..... would be very uncomfortable for me 

at home my phone is always with me for personal/family reasons

WispaRed7 Cat

Message 17 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Good points, well made.
Message 18 of 18