cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when an iPhone bends too much?

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Hmnn........fact or fantasy Thoughful

What happens when an iPhone bends too much? One man says his bent so much it punctured the battery and caught fire, causing second-degree burns to his leg.

http://www.cnet.com/news/guy-says-his-iphone-6-bent-and-caught-on-fire/

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

i take it he is a stickman

Message 2 of 18

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow
Thats crazy
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of the many interesting videos online and believe me I've watched many of them before buying into the iPhone 6 Plus.

Personally I concluded : Media / online frenzy which latched onto the blogger guy who sat at a desk and bent quite a few different models of handsets from the iPhone, to Nokia and the Note 4.

Which all bent in varying degrees after applying force.

He tried bending plastic chassis phones which also bent but returned better to its shape because of the materials used.

Hmm a device with an aluminium chassis will bend after being forced beyond reasonable use. Shocker. 😉

I've had my iPhone 6 Plus for a few weeks now with no bending. Two colleagues have the iPhone 6 with no bending. No scientific testing by a long chalk I submit.

Their is an interview with the CEO of the American Chain of t-Mobile ,who gives a very frank opinion of iPhones bending. (Warning if you seek it out the piece does hold strong language)

I assume Apple will deal with any issue brought to them regarding these type of instances the same way Samsung replace bulging battery syndrome.

Difference is Apple swap out their and then in store. Samsung want the phone and battery back to run tests inconveniencing the end user.

Although if some one took an iPhone almost bent in half like the one in the video ,theirs the chance that it's end user caused may be not replaced due to it not being fair wear and tear , and as suggested by another member intentionally bend to invoke a replacement for another reason. 😔

Of course things like this are loved by the Android end users too. Makes me inner smile. 😄
Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I couldn't watch the video properly due to all the buffering on the netbook...but I read the article and thought....another news item relating to the bendiness of these phones....Rolleys

I am not an apple fan...but some of these reports are getting silly now.

Also there is a saying..... ANY publicity is better than none at all.... I rest my case M'Lud Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally agree.

The most famous one I've seen is the two Uk young lads visiting two Uk Apple Stores and applying such force to bend them.

Oh and not before introducing themselves by name and showing their faces.

Not too long after the YouTube Video was taken down. Wonder why wink and what the ramifications were - if any - at least should have had to pay for the damage caused.
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm thinking Thoughful what about the British Standards kitemark ..... = ..... could it be stamped on the back of the ipone alongsie the apple mark wink

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
The phone is assembled in China Jane so I'm not sure that could happen.

I'm not up on these kite marks.

Good idea tho.
Message 9 of 18

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Given the described circumstances any phone would have been severely damaged. Pure hype because it happened to be the latest iphone and loosely connected to the bend craze.

Message 10 of 18