Did you mean: 

What are you looking at?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys!

I've seen mention of X-Factor, Strictly, that baking show, Poldark (@Cleoriff) and of course my current favourite, Star Trek (the original).

I want to know what other series you watch or have watched in the past that you consider favourites?

My list is so long that if I post all of it you will think I have no social life. tongue But these are some of the best ones I've ever watched (in no particular order):

• The X-Files
  • Vampire Diaries
  • True Blood
  • Star Trek (original from the 60s)
  • Stargate SG1
  • Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
  • Stargate Atlantis
  • Agatha Christie's Poirot
  • Northern Exposure
  • The Bold and the Beautiful
  • Bones
  • Madam Secretary
  • Elementary

Which ones of these have you seen?

Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just to say there is a series of special programmes this Friday on Ch4 (in aid of the Stand Up To Cancer initiative) A one off episode of Humans is featured...along with Celebrity Gogglebox.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 95

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Did you watch the first series of Humans @Cleoriff ? I hear good things but I never got around to watching it. 

The synopsis makes me think of Black Mirror which actually has a new season starting on Netflix this Friday. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 52 of 95

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Did you watch the first series of Humans @Cleoriff ? I hear good things but I never got around to watching it. 

The synopsis makes me think of Black Mirror which actually has a new season starting on Netflix this Friday. 

Yes I watched the first series @Martin-O2. Thoroughly enjoyed it....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 53 of 95

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So, just saw this thread and thought I would add my tuppence worth. Like @Marjo my list would go on forever but here are a few, some already mentioned by others:

Blue Bloods
True Blood
Grey's Anatomy
Falling Skies
Criminal Minds
The Flash
Arrow
Peaky Blinders
Unusual Suspects (true crime)
Penny Dreadful
Game of Thrones
Pretty Little Liars
The Wire
Oz
Battlestar Galactica
Vampire Diaries
Victoria
Glee
House of Cards (the Kevin Spacey
version and the original)
All Scandi drama
Treme
The Newsroom
Scandal
How to Get Away with Murder
Supernatural
Grimm
Humans (season 2 starts 30th October)
The Missing
Happy Valley

I could go on and on. As I don't have Sky or Virgin (the same really as Virgin sold Sky their TV channels) I buy their shows on blu ray or DVD.

I'm also an Amazon Prime member and have a watch list that also goes on forever. Currently watching season 5 of Ripper Street, season 2 of Vikings, season 2 of Bosch and season 1 of Haven - not all at the same time. 😉

I'm retired and disabled so don't get out as much as I used to. Consequently I spend a lot of time watching TV both recorded and live; stream through Amazon Prime and watch my TV box sets and films. My taste, as you can see, is varied.

And yes, I have square eyes! 😁

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 54 of 95

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Glory1 I also watch Pretty Little Liars, The Flash, Arrow and Scandal!

Random fact about watching Scandal: sometimes (every time it happened in the series actually) I began to crave for popcorn with red wine for dinner. LOL

Message 55 of 95

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Random fact about watching Scandal: sometimes (every time it happened in the series actually) I began to crave for popcorn with red wine for dinner. LOL

That's quite an unusual combination LOL

Message 56 of 95

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

That's quite an unusual combination LOL

Not for me. Crazy

Message 57 of 95

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I get the red wine @Marjo but am a bit confused about the popcorn. 🙁

I know you're from Finland but have you watched any of the Danish, Swedish or Icelandic drama that's been on - mostly BBC4 with 1 on More 4?

Personally I'm hooked on Scandinavian drama which I think is superb. Also love Belgian, French, Italian and German drama which has been shown on BBC 4 and More 4.

Message 58 of 95

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
I get the red wine @Marjo but am a bit confused about the popcorn. 🙁

I know you're from Finland but have you watched any of the Danish, Swedish or Icelandic drama that's been on - mostly BBC4 with 1 on More 4?

Personally I'm hooked on Scandinavian drama which I think is superb. Also love Belgian, French, Italian and German drama which has been shown on BBC 4 and More 4.

Well @Glory1 the popcorn thing is related to the wine in a few episodes. Not sure how far you've seen the series so I don't want to spoil! slight_smile

In Finland we got all those Scandi dramas. Personally I didn't really like them much as they were too 'dark', like literally it seemed to always be either night time or winter in them. I don't like winter or dark and I don't like to watch it either. One exception was Northern Exposure (US series in the 90s I think) which, even though it was often Alaskan winter time, it happened to be quite sunny outside and people happy. slight_smile

Message 59 of 95

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Marjo just had a leisurely bath and thought about what you said and now I get the popcorn and red wine reference! To be honest it's not red wine (I prefer white) and popcorn that I crave at the time - 'nough said. 😁 And I've seen 4 seasons of Scandal and the 5th season arrived today.

As for the Scandi dramas, I'm a bit weird as I love the night and have since I was a small child. I come alive at night and love this time of the year when it starts getting dark early. I'm an autumn/winter person. I'm not really a sun worshiper.

Message 60 of 95