cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoWifi and VoLTE on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm new to these Forums (this is my first post) so apologies if this has already been asked, I have tried to look but couldnt find what I was looking for.

I live in a rural area and although this is not unique to O2 my signal is very broken and unreliable. A couple of years ago i defected from EE to O2 as O2 do have a better signal for me at work.

Recently I've read that EE and Vodafone have both gone live on VoWifi, something that would make all my rural problems at home disappear, and although I dont want to leave O2, its something I wont have much choice over unless O2 have plans to bring us VoWifi (and VoLTE).

I am willing to be patient as long as i know it is likely to roll out by the end of the year. Please, can anyone confirm if this is being planned to roll out imminently.

I appreciate we have TuGo, and this has proved priceless when travelling abroad, but it does fall short when compared to Vodafone and EE's VoWifi and is not enough on its own to keep me on O2.

I have found something on the internet that says its coming, but would like more concrete confirmation about it. A link to what I found is below:

http://news.o2.co.uk/2015/12/10/year-life-o2-network/

Please, can anyone confirm VoWifi will be on the O2 network anytime soon.

Many thanks  slight_smile

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

I thought iPhones were VoLTE enabled (maybe just in the US, but possibly here as well)?

About the similar thing, I would agree seeing as how (in most cases) the VoWiFi works whereas Tu is a bit hit and miss - as you might expect with a 3rd party app rather than natively built in...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The vast majority of phones produced in the last 2 years are capable of VoLTE but it's the networks that don't have the capability in the UK yet.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

This is the phone indication when using VoLTE (Note 4)

guess.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
it's a shame there isn't a kudos button in here as you'd have got a couple more...

thanks for clarifying on the (misty) points I made earlier!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou to everyone for replying.

I guess we still dont really know what O2's plans are regarding VoWifi, although I find it strange if O2 arent trying to roll this out as it eliminates all the poor signal issues in peoples home (I cant imagine many with mobile phones that dont have Wifi at home), and O2's main competitors have VoWifi and failing to launch it will surely lose customers to EE and Vodafone.

I read from one of the posts that  @Toby may have some info, if you have and you read this please could you respond, thankyou.

I dont want to leave O2 so have some patience left but will have no choice other than to defect back to EE if it turns out our only Wifi calling will remain with TuGo.

Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'm sure Toby will say no plans for VoWiFi on O2 but we'll wait and see.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thanks for starting the thread @Anonymous I have learnt a heck of a lot from it...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 17