cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitter via SMS

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Starting Feb 4, 2015 O2 UK will no longer support Twitter SMS notifications. Users will still be able to use 2-factor authentication and reset their password over SMS"

I am still getting the SMS notifcations but can't seem to tweet (the important part). Please help?

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

Although I have absolutely no interest in Twitter whatsoever, I am suprised that nobody has started an independent sms to twitter gateway on a premium short code, that lets those suffering from the addiction "tweet" from the comfort of their messaging app whilst generating a convenient revenue stream, perhaps by adding one or two naff "enhancements" to make the experience less painful.

I mean, for example, you could shove an sms advert to each phone after every 7-10 "tweets", varying the interval so that the poor user is compelled to read them every time they hear their phone ring with a message, because they are scared of missing a "tweet".

Message 51 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone through any light on why I still get Twitter notifications on my Ipad which only has Wi-Fi access.

Its not important but i'd just like to know. It seems to me that if I can receive these notifications on an Ipad using Wi-Fi then I should be able to do the same using an Iphone!

Message 52 of 53

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Twitter notifications still work on anything, it's the sms interaction that has been stopped by O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 53 of 53