cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitter via SMS

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Starting Feb 4, 2015 O2 UK will no longer support Twitter SMS notifications. Users will still be able to use 2-factor authentication and reset their password over SMS"

I am still getting the SMS notifcations but can't seem to tweet (the important part). Please help?

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Not sure, I don't go on twitter, if only we knew someone who did, they'd tell me what's trending.
Message 41 of 53

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Not sure, I don't go on twitter, if only we knew someone who did, they'd tell me what's trending.

I don't go on either...so have no idea of all the fun it brings to people...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well this topic definitely isn't trending.

After the last 12 or so snarky comments, I'd like to explain that I wouldn't normally come on one of these community forums or whatever it is. They're usually very clique-y with odd humour about a world I'll never understand.

To be just a simple man looking to get a simple answer to a simple question just isn't that easy.
Message 43 of 53

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The official line from O2 was given in message 7 on this thread. Who are we to argue?

I'm afraid the members on this thread probably aren't too bothered about the sms service one way or another. Maybe you can get further answers elsewhere?

Message 44 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

The only answer you will get from o2 is the official one. .....

Hi guys,

The Twitter SMS service was a Twitter service, not an O2 one and they have decided to terminate it.

I am not sure what else you want us to say? ??
Message 45 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well this topic definitely isn't trending.

After the last 12 or so snarky comments, I'd like to explain that I wouldn't normally come on one of these community forums or whatever it is. They're usually very clique-y with odd humour about a world I'll never understand.

To be just a simple man looking to get a simple answer to a simple question just isn't that easy.

I for one agree with you on these points.

Message 46 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

If I remember correctly @Anonymous is the poster who referred to us as a bunch if midguided amateurs and asked us to go and fetch a grown up to answer the question?

That being so....and with the official answer from O2 shown in Post 7 (as we said previously) I have no idea where to go next with this query..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 47 of 53

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

If I remember correctly @Anonymous is the poster who referred to us as a bunch if midguided amateurs and asked us to go and fetch a grown up to answer the question?

That being so....and with the official answer from O2 shown in Post 7 (as we said previously) I have no idea where to go next with this query..

Correct....and I don't think his opinion has changed. No worries...:smileywink:

Message 48 of 53

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 49 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Too late to edit this glaring spelling mistake of mine. So for midguided please read misguided.. Horrified

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 50 of 53