cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitter via SMS

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Starting Feb 4, 2015 O2 UK will no longer support Twitter SMS notifications. Users will still be able to use 2-factor authentication and reset their password over SMS"

I am still getting the SMS notifcations but can't seem to tweet (the important part). Please help?

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 21 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

So I guess O2 ain't paying enough to Twitter then...?

Never thought of that...though as someone who doesn't twit tweet....I can't see the point really.

Though some people spend a lot of time twittering away...Horrified

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 53

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Never thought of that...though as someone who doesn't twit tweet....I can't see the point really.

I know someone who tweets over a hundred times a day...must be hell for him with no text alerts....

Message 23 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I know someone who tweets over a hundred times a day...must be hell for him with no text alerts....

Good god!! 100 times a day? ....Is that even possible?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 53

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Good god!! 100 times a day? ....Is that even possible?...

It is when you are afflicted with your own self importance and your value to the nation....

Message 25 of 53

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Probably.

Three is still providing SMS notications from Twitter.

#siwy
Message 26 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use two factor authentication for Twitter so I normally receive a text message with a pin code each time I enter my Twitter password on my laptop. Since 23 Feb O2 seems to have stopped sending the pin codes, which prevents me logging in except on my phone. This notice from the Twitter help pages suggests that O2 has stopped some SMS services but the authentication process should still be working: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170024

Please can anyone explain?

Message 27 of 53

MI5
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
We have been told that 2 factor auth should still be working, but there is still some confusion as to who has pulled the plug on the whole twitter sms saga.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 this is just ridiculous: 'It's Twitter, not us...'        'It's not us it's them...'

Are you people on this thread actually employed by the company or just enthusiastic but misguided amateurs?

Three pages with no clear answer on why this simple, and clearly well-loved feature has suddenly stopped.

Could someone fetch a grown-up employee to explain the mystery of this missing feature to us, a handful of loyal customers who are still loyal to your brand. What gives?

Message 29 of 53

MI5
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I'm just a misguided amateur (customer) like yourself.
We can all draw our own conclusions based on the knowledge that O2 claim it is Twitter but we know that Voda and Three customers can still get them - That's as much as I know except that I can guarantee that O2 will never admit they have stopped it themselves.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 30 of 53