Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitter is morphing into Facebook

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Some people aren't interested in social networking sites, but for those who are, here is some information on the Twitter re-design.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26942625

In my opinion, Facebook and Twitter should join forces and have one big mega social site rather than the 2 main ones (and a few other less mentioned sites) because soon they will be identical.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I stopped using Twitter as much around a month ago, I have both Twitter and Facebook and I couldn't agree more that they're morphing into each other
Message 2 of 5

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I have both apps installed on my phone and I have to admit I don't use Twitter much.

I know people who sync their accounts so posts they make on Facebook go straight on to their Twitter account and vice versa.  It's pointless having both accounts if they are going to do that.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the new Twitter layout, but although it "might" look kind of similar to Facebook there is still enough of a difference to be able to know which site you're on.

I don't agree that the two sites should merge. Each site serves its own purpose and I, like many others, use each site differently. I post more often on Twitter than I do on Facebook but I probably spend more time on Facebook. I post things on Twitter that I don't want people on Facebook to see.

The same can be said for my Reddit and Tumblr accounts, I keep them completely separate from all other accounts.

Does it matter that they look alike anyway so long as they are being improved?

Message 4 of 5

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Obviously if you use them for 2 different purposes then yes I think they should not merge - however it depends what the intentions are of the owners of the sites.

Message 5 of 5