Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Gear: The future?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Unless you have been in a news free zone for 24 hrs it wont have gone unnoticed that Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended...

Allegedly he punched a producer....

Sundays episode has been shelved along with the remaining two in the Top Gear series..

Clarksons suspension has led to a massive petition for his reinstatement.

Personally, I wonder why so many want him back? Surely this massively popular show can survive without him? (Stands back ready to be panned for that comment Fear)

Maybe this 'hero worship' of Clarkson is a 'man thing'? (apologies if that appears sexist Rolleys)

I don't particularly like him. I think he arrogantly believes he is invincible....Drum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31828184

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 248
247 REPLIES 247

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Solidarity is a good thing especially when puts egg on the face of show producers. Like it or lump it, Top Gear is an institution like Blackpool Rock, Taj Mahal or the Walls of Jericho.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 51 of 248

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

Solidarity is a good thing especially when puts egg on the face of show producers. Like it or lump it, Top Gear is an institution like Blackpool Rock, Taj Mahal or the Walls of Jericho.

Ermmmm ......yeah ok then Confused 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 248

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

No really you have to believe me...Smiley LOLBouncy

Message 53 of 248

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

It's maybe not that important although it's good to see them stick together.

Message 54 of 248

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

They're only sticking together because they're negotiating with another broadcaster and that broadcaster wants all 3 not just Clarkson.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 55 of 248

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Really. It doesn't matter why and hopefully we'll see what happens soon.

The BBC were making cuts and this could be a major leak in the budget possibly.

I mean what else is there, The Voice? I rather pour bleach into my eyes and endure that sort of TV all of the time.

Message 56 of 248

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a bit late to this but, for what it's worth, I don't think Top Gear would work without the three presenters together.  As much as I like Captain Slow and the Hamster I think it needs all three of them.  If all of them are replaced it would be in danger of turning into another Fifth Gear. 

I hope that the three of them take the show (which is one of the few things worth watching on BBC) to another channel and carry on where they left off.

Message 57 of 248

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Good for them.. they can forget me to, I'm not doing it without JC..... 

Message 58 of 248

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the BBC investigation go's against Clarkson then they have to terminate his contract, or they set a president and all complaints against employees could be overturned in the future.

If Captain Slow and the Hamster refused to finish the filming as said by someone else, they could be in for disciplinary action. For not for filling there contactural obligations. Unless it says in the contract they don't film if one of them is not there,which is very unlikely.
Message 59 of 248

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Not when the precedent was set by the BBC that because one was suspended, the remaining shows were put on hiatus, as a result the presenters have a legal leg to stand on because BBC chose to punish all because of one's mistakes.
BBC nullified the contracts when they put the show on suspension and not just Clarkson.
Message 60 of 248