Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Gear: The future?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Unless you have been in a news free zone for 24 hrs it wont have gone unnoticed that Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended...

Allegedly he punched a producer....

Sundays episode has been shelved along with the remaining two in the Top Gear series..

Clarksons suspension has led to a massive petition for his reinstatement.

Personally, I wonder why so many want him back? Surely this massively popular show can survive without him? (Stands back ready to be panned for that comment Fear)

Maybe this 'hero worship' of Clarkson is a 'man thing'? (apologies if that appears sexist Rolleys)

I don't particularly like him. I think he arrogantly believes he is invincible....Drum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31828184

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 248
247 REPLIES 247

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I have watched that video from start to finish. Must admit I love her 'get out of my way' mentality Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 201 of 248

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

My wife drives like that.....

I doubt she is in a Porsche though @jonsie Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 203 of 248

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 204 of 248

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Brand new Toyota but drives it like a Porsche.....

She can dream I expect....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 205 of 248

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

This show courts controversy .....even with it's new presenters and format

Apparently the team were performing a stunt near the Centotaph early yesterday morning. This angered a former British Military commander who said the scenes should not be broadcast as it showed disrespect to our war dead.

(The Top Gear team had liaised with Westminster Council before they filmed the show)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35800187

Matt Leblanc takes part in filming for the new BBC Top Gear series near Cenotaph in Whitehall, London, on 13 March 2016

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 206 of 248

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

On another note (taken from the same article) ....George Osborne had his say

Mr Osborne, who will deliver his eighth Budget on Wednesday, tweeted: "Trying to write my Budget, despite noisy episode of @BBC_TopGear being filmed outside on Horseguards Parade. Keep it down please @achrisevans."

I expect his brain hurt whilst he was trying to think of more ways to rob the poor and disabled in order to give more to the rich..Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 207 of 248

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

On another note (taken from the same article) ....George Osborne had his say

Mr Osborne, who will deliver his eighth Budget on Wednesday, tweeted@: "Trying to write my Budget, despite noisy episode of @Anonymous_TopGear being filmed outside on Horseguards Parade. Keep it down please @achrisevans."

I expect his brain hurt whilst he was trying to think of more ways to rob the poor and disabled in order to give more to the rich..Smiley Mad

Shucks, lets play the worlds smallest violin for this... donkey.jpg

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 208 of 248

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

This show courts controversy .....even with it's new presenters and format

Apparently the team were performing a stunt near the Centotaph early yesterday morning. This angered a former British Military commander who said the scenes should not be broadcast as it showed disrespect to our war dead.

(The Top Gear team had liaised with Westminster Council before they filmed the show)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35800187

The new series is already delayed due to Chris Evans' apparent lack of skill at presenting whilst driving at high speed, and has been cut back to just six episodes (instead of eight), without worrying about the removal of that particular footage. 

How much more of licence payers' money is going to be wasted on this show, which just seems doomed to fail?  Smiley Indifferent

Message 209 of 248

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I didn't watch the original Top Gear because I disliked Jeremy Clarkson

However I like Chris Evans. I heard his apology this morning.... The other thing to note is the picture was taken by a sightseer. The camera will actually show the shot looking at the Houses of Parliament and won't show the centotaph at all. Sometimes I think the 'professionall outraged' should go and do something more interesting

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 210 of 248