cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips News : Tips for protecting your Privacy in App.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : Tips for protecting your Privacy in App.

Excerpts from the Link "Whenever you install an app, you let it access part of your phone. Some apps want to just access the internet connection, while some need to be able to know where you are. Of course, if the wrong app is installed, you might be giving out private information. So what can you do?"

My thoughts : I'm guilty of just updating apps sometimes without reading 'What's New' in them ,so I thought I'd share this piece I read if not only to help remind people to read up on an App first and also to check what is 'new' in that update. slight_smile

Source : The Lowdown.

Read more here : Tips for Protecting your Privacy in App.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thanks for the reminder @Anonymous 

I myself have done this many times - downloaded and updated apps without checking the information properly.  I remember downloading an app (I can't remember the name of it) and it wanted to access all of my personal info, my contacts, pictures, location, data usage, etc.  I deleted it after I was made aware of it.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your most welcome @gemz4the1

We often get stuck in button pressing, downloading apps / updates and Terms and Conditions box ticking it's all too easy not to look properly.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad BlackBerry 10 lets you see which permissions and parts of your phone an app wants access to before you install it. You can then go in and remove permissions for specific apps if you want via Settings, Security and Privacy, Application Permissions.

But then...BlackBerry always has been more secure...

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm glad BlackBerry 10 lets you see which permissions and parts of your phone an app wants access to before you install it. You can then go in and remove permissions for specific apps if you want via Settings, Security and Privacy, Application Permissions.

But then...BlackBerry always has been more secure...

Touche LOL

Message 5 of 5