Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Buys O2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

As per my earlier thread today, it's now a done deal.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102531415

I'm sure it will be some time before it takes effect.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope they keep o2's 2G/Edge data connections as these are essential!!! I switched from 3 to O2 for this reason alone years ago!!
Message 51 of 71

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Living in a quite a rural area I do need this as well.

Currently I am receiving 4G which is still kind of a luxury.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 52 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope they keep the O2 store in town - this is the reason I went with O2 in the 1st place several years ago now - long before I got to know about the O2 Community ..... all staff there bar one (the Saturday Girl) have been very, very helpful & no-one has 'talked down' to me = I was treated as an individual, likewise when my elderly mum goes into the O2 store to top or ask a question = she has always been highly satisfied 

PS: I arranged to get the Christmas 2015 large poster of the Be More Dog Cat pulling the sleigh, from the store last Christmas Eve Cat Bouncy :womanvery-happy:

Message 53 of 71

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

The very nature of a buy out will obviously mean a link between the stores so rebranding ultimately leads to loss of jobs unfortunately. No need for two different stores so unless staff can be redeployed then some will sadly be seeking alternative employment.

Message 54 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi jonsie, thank you for that info, there isn't a Three store in Skipton, the nearest is in Keighley

Message 55 of 71

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 56 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Three store and the o2 store are about 20 yards apart in the local shopping center here so doubt both will survive!

Message 57 of 71

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Our branch has the usual 'know nothing, just here for the wages', pretty boy who condescends people for a living and really actually one person who knows what they are actually doing.

:manvery-happy:

I'm not really joking either.

Beyond selling the stuff, I don't think anybody actually knows what they are talking about. With so many telephones, models, operating systems - how can somebody in all honesty know these things. Sure give them an iPhone and they usually know as this is the big sales push of a handset they want everybody using.

To be fair, I use CPW as they are more helpful, not really condescending and quite knowledgable about a range of problems. It's difficult for some young people when they try to sell me a phone, as I typically research a lot of articles before buying it.

So whenever I go into any telephone shop they must think "oh that awkward customer again". 

Problems frustrate me and I learn as much as I can about a product as possible. So far, I brought 3 or 4 smartphones from the brink of software death and rescued my Nexus 7 due to a faulty firmware update. I'm not harshy although I like to be self-sufficient whenever I can.

Actually one was a mates Samsung Galaxy S2 and another was a Nexus S. With a bit of proper training I could probably do the phone engineering job for a living Shocked

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 58 of 71

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The Three store and the o2 store are about 20 yards apart in the local shopping center here so doubt both will survive!

Near me O2 have recently opened a new Franchise store literally 3 shops away from an existing Three store. It's an uncertain time for everyone working for O2, I only hope things become clear in the coming months.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 59 of 71

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Hopefully some will be redeployed but Three are obviously going to favour their own staff and stores. It's not been a good time for O2 staff these last couple of years with call centres outsourced and now the uncertainty over future plans.

Message 60 of 71