Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Buys O2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

As per my earlier thread today, it's now a done deal.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102531415

I'm sure it will be some time before it takes effect.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully Three will keep you lot on the O2 network kit until the full upgrade is complete.

Us happy Three customers dont want Telefonica customers slowing down Three's network wink

Wonder what the plan is for Giff Gaff then?

Kill it off OR stop Payback, which will kill it off anyway Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 71

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I imagine giff gaff will continue as a mvno on the three network
Message 32 of 71

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

I doubt their business model would be profitable though unless Three leave it completely unchanged, but in doing so it would be a direct rival to their own payg service...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:

Why bother? Three offer cheaper PAYG deals then Giff Gaff.

Best thing would be to kill Giff Gaff off & offer the customers a move over to Three PAYG.

Message 34 of 71

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

There's also Tesco Mobile to deal with. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 35 of 71

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I was with 3 once.. Very rude lol. Probably will be even worse when they can't give their unlimited packages to their new gazillion customers x
giphy-3
Message 36 of 71

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

My question would be all current contracts and all of their intergral tariff details still be honoured even after a merger or buy-out? 

I realise it could be a while before the company infrastructure will change although it does put me off staying with them after the contract expires until I know the full deal.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 37 of 71

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

My question would be all current contracts and all of their intergral tariff details still be honoured even after a merger or buy-out? 

I realise it could be a while before the company infrastructure will change although it does put me off staying with them after the contract expires until I know the full deal.

I asked the same earlier @anticpated  We thought they may not give all those 3 bonuses to new customers...but those on certain tariffs maybe would keep them.... until their contract was up?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 71

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Could see following consequences of 3 & O2 combining networks:

- improved coverage and good 3g signal

- Feel at Home for a handful of places + O2 Travel for the rest of the EU/EEA (hopefully slight_smile )

- Refresh plans to stay (hopefully with some 3-style unlimited data tariffs being added to the Refresh plans range)

- getting rid of TuGo (hopefully not). TuGo is a Telefonica's "baby", not sure if they'll allow 3 to keep using it. It would be a shame to see it go though.

- less competition, hence price rises

Message 39 of 71

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Regarding giffgaff, tesco etc, you need to remember these are mvnos who's airtime is purchased via telefonica. Recently telefonica agreed a deal with sky to offer airtime space in the future. We may be going down to three mobile networks but the regulators will make sure their combined spectrum is shared down the ranks fairly.

Working in an o2 store the line will always be "we don't know" which is true, we hear rumors, but that's as far as can be confirmed due to legalities.

If following o2 Ireland's path, I believe o2 uk will become 3. Realistically the way I see it come 12 months plus, all combined staff will be assessed and any surplus, under performing staff will be let go.
Message 40 of 71