cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things that really annoy me......am I the only one!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love new technology but just lately I'm finding certain gadgets really really REALLY annoy me. I just don't see the point in them......am I just getting old? am I just a grumpy git?

Smart watches - what on earth is the point of a smart watch? why would someone need to read texts/emails on a tiny watch when they have a smartphone in their pocket they carry everywhere? Oh but is has GPS.....so does your BLOODY phone in your pocket which also counts steps....whoop! All this useless technology for £290+ ?

7" Tablets - How much easier is it to browse the world wide web on a nice tablet instead of a laptop which takes ages to boot up. So whats my gripe with 7 inch tablets? I'll tell ya.....they do exactly the BLOODY same things as your phone. With the average phone size now 5 inches, why spend additional money on a 7 inch tablet which is half the speed of the average phone just for an extra 2 measley inches. Its too big to carry in your pocket so you use it at home......where you can also use your phone!!

Freeview/Virgin/Freeview etc - So 95% of the country now have these lovely new HD TV's. Great. Except for the fact only 11 channels are available in HD. with over 80 channels available on Freeview, only a maximum 11 you can watch in the quality you expect. Of course there is Sky which offer 50 HD channels if you are willing to pay a huge price. If SKY can offer 50 HD channels, why cant others?

Apple - Sorry but cant understand why most Apple products are so popular. With the variety of devices available, why would anyone want to pay an additional £200 for a lesser spec device? Oh but it has a nice shiney Apple logo on the back.......BLOODY WOWZERS!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope I'm the same. All these watches there is no point as you already have a phone that does exactly the same, I was discussing this the other day in my local O2 store with an employee there. Our opinions differed obviously.

Tablets & iPads are portable & lighter so you can carry them anywhere with ease
Message 2 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
1 SmartWatch
Got my sony smartwatch 2 for under £50 off ebay, in my workplace I can't hear notifications due to volume of machinery so I use it for texts and emails.
2. 7" tablets
I agree 100% but understand its easier for some to transport a more compact model.
3. Hd channels
All down to a mix of: exclusivity and getting what you pay for.

4. Apple
Because people are easily brainwashed into believing anything is anything.
Think differently they say which translates as "don't think too much"
Message 3 of 10

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Thing that annoys me though,
YouTube "reaction videos"
The point?
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@viridis that's a good point, especially where you get a game, movie or tv series & they do those annoying running commentaries where whatever they says goes
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
Thing that annoys me though,
YouTube "reaction videos"
The point?

To see if people react to things the same as you?  Help

Message 6 of 10

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
True, but I rather not use YouTube for something that can be done just by showing a mate?
Also all those "gameplay videos" my lad would sit there for hours watching someone play a game he can play himself?
It's like the upcoming generation are so lazy they can't even be bothered to play the games anymore.
They made being lazy a profitable career choice,
Some of these "youtubers " make millions per year, for litterally sitting on their ass playing games.
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
True, but I rather not use YouTube for something that can be done just by showing a mate?
Also all those "gameplay videos" my lad would sit there for hours watching someone play a game he can play himself?
It's like the upcoming generation are so lazy they can't even be bothered to play the games anymore.
They made being lazy a profitable career choice,
Some of these "youtubers " make millions per year, forlitterally sitting on their ass playing games.

When the misses wants to use the TV, i will quite happily watch some gaming on Twitch on my phone. I like watching how others play certain games or see what games are like before i buy them......Battlefield Hardline for example.....decisions decisions

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I honestly think a lot of what may annoy some people can also be age and circumstances related....LOL

For instance I love my tablet...but as I no longer work full time I prefer the laptop when at home.

When I am abroad I use a laptop (which stays in the apartment) my tablet and my Note 3

I get annoyed that I am no longer in the forefront testing medical technology. I keep up to date with it, of course....but am no longer trialling it to provide research feedback. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I agree about the smart watch....after the initial novelty has worn off and the fun gone I don't see a lot of point in a £300 added expense just to think you are using a bit of Star Trek technology.

I love the 7 inch tablet however especially as it's very portable when I spend half a year overseas. Fits easily into shorts with cargo pockets. The extra size is good for my eyesight and with the kindle app it doubles as a book with built in backlight. Ideal for my needs.

Satellite TV....now there is a complete waste of money. All the Sky channels show endless repeats in regular cycles. |With a 100 channels to choose from you think you could find something useful and new to watch but many nights I just watch mainstream TV.

Apple....? I ain't even going there!

Message 10 of 10