Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Beam me up Scotty

It's 50 years today since Star Trek first aired on NBC

http://www.startrek.com/

Image result for klingons on the starboard bow

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 130
129 REPLIES 129

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Star Wars,  I went with my son to the premiere of the last film and was so disappointed that it was a complete rehash of a previous film in the series. State Trek are always original films and I've enjoyed every one.  Being a 60s child I will always favour Star Trek but I certainly won't be watchin the next Star Wars film. 

Message 51 of 130

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
What do you guys think of the current Star Trek movie series?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 52 of 130

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 53 of 130

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I liked the new movies. Not seen the latest one yet but the first 2 were good. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 54 of 130

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Best thing with a reboot/remake is to take it on its own merits. I particularly like the first Star Trek reboot though the second was disappointing in that they rehashed Wrath of Khan when it could have taken a far more darker tone to the series with the Star Fleet conspiracy. It was good providing you didn't see WoK but a wasted opportunity to develop the Khan character.

Not so sure on the 3rd one based on the trailers so will wait for it to appear on NowTV than the cinema. Character wise, its well cast especially Karl Urban as Bones who really has the spirit of the original.

Agree with Jonsie, Force Awakens was a rehash but lots of potential there and took the story line further into a darker path.

Message 55 of 130

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I loved The Force Awakens. Yes it was a rehash, but considering the hype and close judgement put upon it by the world, they did an incredible job I reckon.

@sheepdog, have you heard about the new Star Trek series on Netflix? Sounds interesting.

netflix star trek.jpg

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 56 of 130

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'm intentionally avoiding all talk and trailers of ST: Discovery till the teaser season trailer appears somewhere. I've just got hold of a Netflix account so I'll wait a few episodes before viewing it when it starts rather than wait a week. 

Message 57 of 130

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hope you're having a nice weekend! Thanks to this thread I am now watching the old Star Trek series from scratch, plus all the available movies, before the new series. grin How long do you think it will take me to catch up properly?

Message 58 of 130

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I'm guessing we won't see much of you next week at least wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 59 of 130

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Lets see, about 80 of ToS then you have the first 6 movies.....but you can't see TNG movies without seeing all of the 7 series of TNG so Generations is in context though you can skip those and go to the new reboots.

Oh and just for fun, seek out Star Trek the animated series. It exists and a rare thing providing you can put up with the legendary Filmation style of the 70's for a while Whistle

Sheepdog in "off to dig out Space Sentinels on DVD" mode

Message 60 of 130