cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The French really know how to take the ****!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Read the full story for yourself here   but the following caught my eye:-

Out will go the women who have traditionally managed Parisian toilets with a bucket and mop, disdainful look and a sharp tongue. In will come young, smartly dressed, multilingual toilet operatives.

I suppose the next thing will be Open University degree courses on "Loo Management and its importance within the European Economy"

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Well I never.

So the Dutch want to turn these toilets into 'A shopping experience and use modern artwork' I can think of nicer places to shop personally.

I did smile at this comment of a Union Rep...

Abbes Keddir, a senior delegate in the Force Ouvrière union federation, said: “There are employment rights and laws in France. You can’t just dump these kind old ladies who have been cleaning up people’s *bleep* for 30 years.

Plain speaking indeed....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Tenner says they strike.
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Toilet attendants in Thailand are very lowly paid and usually exclusive to the ladies. Toilets are kept very clean and it's the norm for these ladies to go about their business as you go about your business literally. They think nothing about it and after a while I got quite accustomed to overcoming any embarrassment. 

However....they don't speak....but why would you want to speak to a cleaning lady in the toilet?

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 5 of 5