cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech news : Rumor Has Apple Releasing a New 4-Inch.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : Rumor Has Apple Releasing a New 4-Inch iPhone.

Excerpt from the Link "Apple is rumored to be working on a new 4-inch model of the iPhone for release in 2015. The report comes from Asian supply chain sources and is relayed by G for Games.

Apparently the device could debut in the second half of 2015, bringing back one-hand usage and targeting female users."

My thoughts :

After using the 5.5" iPhone 6 Plus I don't think I'd be regressing to the rumoured 4" screen version. I've read some posts from end users elsewhere saying having the current iPhone 6 but with a 4" version would be perfect for them, so maybe Apple are listening to those needs and wants !

Source : iClarified 

Read more here :  Rumor Has Apple Releasing a New 4-Inch iPhone.

image.jpg

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Sounds interesting but a little confusing.  As much as I like Apple, I think they are just releasing different sizes as they are unsure of what the majority of people like.  I think that as much as they should be flexible to numerous users, they should decide on a size and concentrate on improving it.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @gemz4the1

Their were few people on various forums saying they like the look etc of the iPhone 6 but not the little jump up in size. Makes me wonder if Apple have listened if the rumour comes to fruition.
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think any business needs to listen to its customer base to continue to thrive. 😉
Message 5 of 8

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

If I am honest - I for one would welcome an iPhone 6 in an iPhone 5 size!

Using my 6 now and I still have trouble reaching the top left and right of the screen with my thumb (I am a one handed, right hand user!).  Everytime I want to hit the top left and right, I have to adjust my whole grip on the phone!  I know there is that function whereby you can double-tap the home button to bring the screen down but is a nuisance having to do that all the time.

....but thats just me! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally agree about sizes and I would miss the 'reach ability' feature on my iPhone 6+

I don't think I would personally want to revert back to a smaller screen size now. 😄
Message 7 of 8

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

DinoF wrote:I know there is that function whereby you can double-tap the home button to bring the screen down but is a nuisance having to do that all the time.

....but thats just me! Smiley Very Happy

lol Why my phone did that was a riddle for me, thanks for clarifying that grin

I would be glad if it would be a bit smaller. I'm always afraid to bent it in my pocket..

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 8 of 8