cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech News : Next-generation lithium cells will double your phone's battery life.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : Next-generation lithium cells will double your phone's battery life.

"The lithium ion batteries in your mobile devices are inherently limited by the "ion" part of their name; they can safely use lithium only in the part of the cell that supplies ions, wasting a lot of potential energy. It's good news, then, that researchers at Stanford have developed a new lithium battery that could last for much, much longer. The technique allows for denser, more efficient lithium in the battery's anode (which discharges electrons) by using a nanoscopic carbon shield that keeps the unstable chemical in check -- uncontrolled, it can quickly shorten the device's lifespan."

My thoughts:

We all want our gadgets to last longer between charges. Well hopefully in time with tech advances this could certainly be the case. What will we do with all the battery saving tips we all know. wink

Source : Engadget.

Read more here : http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/27/lithium-anode-battery/
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it lasts longer it's a bonus I must admit I'm surprised they haven't figured something out already with the amount of smartphones around now so looks like good news slight_smile
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did see sometime ago they were looking at making batteries thinner so that phones could be made slimmer and more tech added.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds good lets hope although personally I wouldn't mind my phone being the extra thickness of another battery if it lasted twice as long
Message 4 of 4