cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech News : Microsoft Surface Pro 3: Hands on with the laptop slayer!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : Microsoft Surface Pro 3: Hands on with the laptop slayer!

"Microsoft’s line of powerhouse Surface Pro slates let you take all your work on the go, and boast stylus skills that put the iPad to shame, and now the Redmond giant is aiming to replace your laptop completely with its latest Surface Pro 3. It’s even bigger than before, but it’s actually lighter and even more powerful. We got our hands on one before its upcoming launch – read on for our take!"

My thoughts :

Depending on price this could be awesome. Can't wait to visit the high street to eventually have a play with one of these. slight_smile

Source : The Gadget Show
Read more here : http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/microsoft-surface-pro-3-hands-on-with-the-lap...
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

The Surface has always been an impressive bit of kit and unfairly compared against the iPad. Actually it makes the iPad seem positively expensive when you compare functionality. However, the main thing you have to be aware of is that you have zero ability to upgrade any component as the manufacturing is quite tightly done so you need to get the best one you can afford straight away.

Microsoft.co.uk already have it on pre-order but its not in my price bracket unfortunately (er might have something to do with this beast of a desktop sitting under my desk I've just built!) though I'll keep an eye out for the inevitable end of line sale prices. 

Message 2 of 3

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I've got the Surface Pro 1 which I got partly to replace an ageing tablet PC but unless I need to use the stylus I more often resort to the Macbook or the nexus 7.

The lack of upgradability is a big downside.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 3