cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech News : Future Smartphones - What to expect in 2015.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : Future Smartphones - What to expect in 2015.

Excerpts from the Link "This year has seen some incredible smartphones with technology that was unimaginable not too long ago. HTC’s Duo Camera is like nothing else. Samsung’s fingerprint scanner gives ultimate security. And LG’s laser auto focus system lets you take photos much faster than before. But next year there’ll be a host of new unbelievable advances"

My thoughts :

Hmmmm Bendable phones ~ Wonder where that concept was born from 😉

Lte-Advanced sounds awesome and could be a sector changing feature ,if ever supported in the UK. Maybe even before we see 5G !

We've seen information on faster chargers / charging which would make us all happy I'm sure if this was adopted by one and all.

What do you think we could expect in 2015 ?

Have you read anything talking about future tech ?

Should we expect a stress free , problem free launch of the iPhone 6s / 7 ? In 2015 😉

Source : The Lowdown.
Read more here : http://lowdown.carphonewarehouse.com/features/future-flagships-expect-smartphones-2015/
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Lg g2/g pro 2 and so on support lte advanced currently or with a firmware update.

I can't speak for others like samsung and sony. However as they use the snapdragon 80x series i suspect they will.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning @anticpated

Do you see any Uk Networks possibly looking at this ?

I'm sure some O2 Network users would say they want the current signal sorted first.
Message 3 of 7

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

The UK drags its heels with any new technology which is why we are already behind in any form of neotechnology like renewable fuels, mobile technology and so forth. LTE Advanced is fairly new and most people don't have basic LTE yet...so it's a long way away. Usually when Apple adds something, people get their a*** into gear though...it's a familiar pattern. Like NFC payment for example...nobody knew what it was until Apple 'coined the Apple Pay'.

Cynical maybe...crazy no? My therapist can back that up.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hank oh for your insights.

Do Apple iPhones have the hardware yet to be able to utilise Lte Advanced ?
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My thoughts :

Hmmmm Bendable phones ~ Wonder where that concept was born from 😉

I would think the LG Flex ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly so. slight_smile
Message 7 of 7