Did you mean: 

Suicide Squad - Have you seen it?

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As many of you know, there are some comic-book fans in the team!

Suicide Squad has recently been released and has attracted a variety of different reviews; Some beaming and some not so much.

No one in the community team has been it yet, but has anyone in the community? What did you think? Would you recommend? No spoilers without a tag please wink

suicide squad.jpg

(SPOILERS for Batman vs Superman below)

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to see it but people are giving it negative reviews because the trailers & everything released up to the release focuses heavily on the joker when it's not actually a Joker film. It just "features" the character

Message 2 of 29

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

We saw it at the weekend, and didn't think it was too bad, some plot holes and it seems to be set straight after Batman vs Superman.

Also the Joker undertones are there but it's a sort of origin story as well for the other characters 

I'd give it 8/10

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 29

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Not seen it yet but really want to. Just wondering whether to go to the cinema or wait til the Blu Ray release... Have listened to the sound track and really enjoyed that.
There was a fan who was going to sue the studio over the misleading nature of the trailer - ie, there were scenes shown that were not in the film!
Couple of links:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/suicide-squad-fan-suing-studio-false-adve...

http://www.geek.com/news/warner-and-dc-being-sued-over-suicide-squad-false-advertising-1665550/

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gmarkj That happens with a lot of films anyway but a lot of this negativity is all to do with apparently lack of jared Leto screen time as the Joker

Message 5 of 29

gmarkj
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Agreed, and not an issue for me but as the agrieved fan says, the trailers do make out that there is a lot more of the Joker in the film.
That said, as he is not in the squad itself it is not surprising that he is just part of the supporting cast...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 6 of 29

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
That said, as he is not in the squad itself it is not surprising that he is just part of the supporting cast...

Exactly @gmarkj. He's not a part of the squad. I'll definitely be off to see it though. I hope to see Deadshot and Joker in the standalone Batman movie too. That's the DC movie I'm not excited about. I thought Ben Affleck was an awesome Batman.

Who was your favourite Joker guys? Some say Heath, some say Jack. Some even say Cesar slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 29

gmarkj
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
@Toby wrote:

@gmarkj wrote:

Exactly @gmarkj. He's not a part of the squad. I'll definitely be off to see it though. I hope to see Deadshot and Joker in the standalone Batman movie too. That's the DC movie I'm not excited about. I thought Ben Affleck was an awesome Batman.

Who was your favourtie Joker guys? Some say Heath, some say Jack. Some even say Cesar slight_smile

I'm assuming you mean most?

@Toby wrote:

@gmarkj wrote:

Who was your favourtie Joker guys? Some say Heath, some say Jack. Some even say Cesar slight_smile

I think they were very different versions, and difficult to compare.

Jack's was a little less unhinged - still off beat, and very well done.

Heath though captured just how little he cared about anything other than causing chaos, and how much he wanted to drag everyone (but mainly Batman) down to his level.

Think I need to go and watch the original Batman film again...

Message 8 of 29

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
... That's the DC movie I'm most excited about. I thought Ben Affleck was an awesome Batman.

I'll just leave this here.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/News-Ben-Affleck-as-Batman-Fans-dissect-first-photograph/m-p/...

IMHO, Affleck is the best batman seen on screen yet, by a loooooong margin too.

Nailed it 100%

Ledger nailed joker in "that cinematic" and could not have been done better, but that's in Nolans story, he wouldn't have that impact in burtons, Schumacher etc stories.

But yes, I consider ledgers joker the best.

Message 9 of 29

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

"I'm not confident he can bring what Christian Bale did as the Dark Knight.

Time will tell."

How wrong was Bob!! Lmao

Message 10 of 29