Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly It's Here

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Ok folks as I am just about ready to scream re the Note7 thought I would induldge in a happier topic.

Strictly starts tonight and continues tomorrow evening. No voting this week but really a chance to have a look at the competition.

So, on a pleasanter subject would like to hear your views on who looks promising and who needs a few more lessons.

Can't wait to hear from you tonight 😊
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 555
554 REPLIES 554

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well @jonsie @MI5 and @Cleoriff I will be watching recording the other 2 to watch later. So I will let you know what I think anyway. Got to watch Law and Order: Criminal Intent after so it will be after 23.00 for those of you early to bed.

Message 11 of 555

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Back on topic....quite a strong opener really with lots of potential to progress - Judge Rinder did better than I thought and Ore looks very good as does his pro partner slight_smile Lets see what tomorrow night brings.

Message 12 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So here are my thoughts on the 6 couples we saw tonight. Just my opinion you understand I don't claim to be an expert, far from it. Also I apologise for any misspelling of names which I've done phonetically where unsure.

Laura Whitmore: good dancer, graceful and could prove interesting in the coming weeks if she keeps her nerve.

Naga Mujhetti: not bad could prove very good in the coming weeks.

Judge (Rob) Rinder: brilliant I thought. Good mover and very very flamboyant. Again, could prove interesting in the coming weeks particularly in the latin dances - can really move those hips.

Lesley Josephs: much better than I thought she'd be. I love her but I didn't think she could dance and I expected to see her dragged round the floor. Quite a surprise she was graceful.

Ore Aduba: the judges loved him. I did not. Len questioned his tango and so did I. I prefer a very traditional tango and this wasn't it.

Greg Rutherford: again the judges loved him. But I, unfortunately, compared his jive to Jay McGuiness' which was BRILLIANT. Greg was good but,for me, no comparison to Jay.

That's my thoughts for what they're worth.

Nite all 😊

Message 13 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@sheepdog just posted my thoughts for, as I said, what they're worth. Look forward to tomorrow night. Judge Rinder was I agree a surprise. I watch his show and no way did I ever expect him to do Strictly let alone move those hips like he did. I look forward to the coming weeks and see how they improve or not as the case may be.

Message 14 of 555

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I thought Laura did fine going first with the cha cha

Naga is showing lots of potential,

Rob Rinder cracked me up and I think he will get better.

Lesley Joseph? All I will say is anyone could waltz well with Anton ...

Ore was excellent with his first dance being a tango....

Greg... difficult dance to start with a jive. He was a bit flat footed at times but not bad. I wont compare him to Jay as no-one will ever match THAT jive from Pulp Fiction...however this was week 1 and Jay and Aliona stole the show on week 3.

I think the next show will be better....No doubt everyone will be waiting to see Ed Balls...Popcorn

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Cleoriff interesting points.

I think Ore is a good dancer I just didn't get he and his partner's tango. I know he's not responsible for the choreography but like Len I was thinking when are they gonna start dancing.

I accept what you say about Greg Rutherford and it being week 1. But Jay so blew me away with his jive that, unfortunately, I just can't view anyone else's jive without the comparison. Not fair but there it is.

Yes, the majority could waltz well with Anton he is such an amazing dancer. But then do you remember him "attempting" to waltz with Ann Widdecombe. Poor man didn't stand a chance.

Yes, I am looking forward to Ed Balls. I think we all know how he'll be but maybe he'll surprise us.

Looking forward to this evening, particularly Danny Mac. Am a big fan and miss him from Hollyoaks. Hope he has potential 😉

Message 16 of 555

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I am looking forward to Claudia Fragapane, the Olympic gymnast and her partner AJ...(who looks about 10) Smiley Surprised  Also hoping Anastacia does well...though not sure she will. Fingers crossed for Will Young. ..

As for Lesley Joseph....all I will say is ....lets see how she manages any of the Latin dances. (Not a fan of her to be honest) Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 555

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
@Cleoriff interesting points.

I think Ore is a good dancer I just didn't get he and his partner's tango. I know he's not responsible for the choreography but like Len I was thinking when are they gonna start dancing.

I accept what you say about Greg Rutherford and it being week 1. But Jay so blew me away with his jive that, unfortunately, I just can't view anyone else's jive without the comparison. Not fair but there it is.

Yes, the majority could waltz well with Anton he is such an amazing dancer. But then do you remember him "attempting" to waltz with Ann Widdecombe. Poor man didn't stand a chance.

Yes, I am looking forward to Ed Balls. I think we all know how he'll be but maybe he'll surprise us.

Looking forward to this evening, particularly Danny Mac. Am a big fan and miss him from Hollyoaks. Hope he has potential 😉

Jay's jive was truly amazing for the time in the series but sadly he never really met the expectations consistently. At least it finally took away the clod hopping Jill Halfpenny comparision Smiley LOL

Anyway, Ore's song uncovered a hidden gem of a tune for me:

Message 18 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@sheepdog where did you find this song it's really good and I would like to download it. I guess the title is Say Geronimo and I will look it up in Amazon Music.

Sorry, but I think Jay was a good dancer overall which is why he won. Totally agree about Jill Halfpenny.

Message 19 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Cleoriff I agree with you about Anastacia but she may surprise. Also hope Will Young does well am a fan.

I don't think Lesley Joseph will last long unless her fans keep her in and I don't think she can latin dance.

Also looking forward to Claudia and really @Cleoriff AJ looks more like 12 😂

Message 20 of 555