Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly It's Here

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Ok folks as I am just about ready to scream re the Note7 thought I would induldge in a happier topic.

Strictly starts tonight and continues tomorrow evening. No voting this week but really a chance to have a look at the competition.

So, on a pleasanter subject would like to hear your views on who looks promising and who needs a few more lessons.

Can't wait to hear from you tonight 😊
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 555
554 REPLIES 554

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Ok @Cleoriff here's how it went tonight.

Firstly, Brendon is still ill so Gorka danced in his place. And Laura hurt her ankle so did not dance tonight. Should be better next week.

Now I preface my remarks with the proviso that I'm not a professional dancer. So my comments are based on my preference on the dancing only, as I am not expert enough to comment on technique or the actual steps of a specific dance style.

Anyway here goes. Ore's waltz and Danny's rumba excellent. Danny was so expressive, masculine and showed off Ote to perfection. Ore was light on his feet had plenty of rise and fall and sway; a really excellent waltz.

I loved Rob Rinder's jive. It was fast paced and energetic. And as Len would say he came out and went for it. I loved it and so did the audience.

Greg Rutherford did the cha cha and I thought it very stompy. Not impressed. He had no rythm and not much hip action.

Lesley Joseph did the tango and again not very impressed. Anton seemed to be carrying her through it and she started to skip through some of it. I love the tango when done well shame it wasn't.

Louise Rednapp's rumba was very good and rather romantic. She is a good dancer. But I preferred Anastacia's attempt last week.

Daisy did the charleston and it was very good. They started the dance in the dark - only their hands and feet showing. Again Daisy is a good dancer and the charleston suits her long, long legs.

Ed Balls did, erm .....no I should say had the American smooth. If only it had been smooth. As usual he stomped the floor with no rythm. And the most shocking he attempted a lift with Katya and nearly dropped her. And I mean it was touch and go - there were gasps in the audience. It was all too painful to watch. If he's not in the bottom 2 this week I'll be amazed and very unhappy! 🙁

Anastacia and Gorka performed the quickstep. She was light on her feet and they covered the floor well. But no way was it as good as Danny Mac and Ote's. Not even close.

Claudia and AJ performed the samba. I thought it was good, plenty of hip action from Claudia but overall the dance was too fast and came off a little bit too frenetic. It would have been great if slowed down a tad.

Ore tops the leaderboard with Danny in second place. Ed Balls is at the bottom which is exactly where he should be after his performance.

Will let you know the results as I assume you'll still be glued to F1.

Message 131 of 555

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thanks @Glory1 for that comprehensive report. 10/10. wink

I have an admission to make. I certainly watched F1 qualifying.....but have FilmOn app on my Note 4...so kept flicking to Strictly. I didn't see it all of course....but I can't understand why Ore scored 1 point higher than Danny Mac. I  know that the Rumba is far more difficult technically than the waltz...

Anyway tomorrow I may get to see the result show as it starts 45 mins before F1.

Also @Anonymous I watched a clip of Ed Balls on the BBC website. All I will say is...he is a good sport...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 132 of 555

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Glory1 exactly my thoughts too! Though overall a sedated night and its starting to kick in how much more they need to do to impress.  As in Louise who is very good but just lacking that sparkle to stand out against Danny/Ore/Claudia. Daisy is borderline but highly competent and is Louise's main rival.

Incidentally I thought Danny was excellent but a bit too whirly with the arms at times and Ore was smoother. In my own opinion of course. 

I think its Lesley and Ed Balls in the dance off though but since its halloween next week, there's the public vote wanting to see him dress up then kick him off) so Greg might be there. 

Message 133 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Cleoriff didn't get the scoring for Ore and Danny either. I think they should have been equal. In fact Danny should have been on top - he was very impressive. As the one thing I do know the rumba is very difficult for a male celebrity. And I think Danny nailed it.

Oh and your very welcome and thank you for the 10/10 much appreciated. Shout if you miss the results show.

Message 134 of 555

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I am a great fan of the Latin dances and make no secret that the Argentine Tango is my absolute favourite with the Paso a close second. I wait for those 'with great anticip.....ation..' Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 135 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Funny @sheepdog I thought Ed Balls and Greg in the dance off but you could be right. Ed was amusing in The Mask routine which I rather enjoyed. So we shall see. Probably none of them will be in the dance off. The voting public can be very surprising.

Message 136 of 555

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I think we may be in for an unexpected result. There are two obvious ones who should be in the dance off...but the public keep voting for them. I do hate it when we lose good dancers and leave the novelty acts in...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 137 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
What was Daisy doing in the dance-off? Unbelievable but at least she correctly got through. @sheepdog was correct Ed Balls survived another week as did Greg Rutherford. Let's hope Greg gets a dance to which he is more suited. If Ed Balls survives another week the public are mad or blind!

Message 138 of 555

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Bit of a shocker with Daisy being there. Guess nobody voted on the phones which means she's got problems in the next couple of weeks if she finishes lower than top 4. 

Ed Balls is guaranteed to be in the dance off doing the cha-cha-cha. Guaranteed comedy anyway. 

Message 139 of 555

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a page on Facebook called 'Strictly Banter' Dance

Message 140 of 555