Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly It's Here

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Ok folks as I am just about ready to scream re the Note7 thought I would induldge in a happier topic.

Strictly starts tonight and continues tomorrow evening. No voting this week but really a chance to have a look at the competition.

So, on a pleasanter subject would like to hear your views on who looks promising and who needs a few more lessons.

Can't wait to hear from you tonight 😊
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 555
554 REPLIES 554

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Ok Danny he de bomb!!! Will Young very good. Louise Rednapp very good. Anastacia not bad and Len's remark about the Rocky Mountains lol 😂Tameka was average at best. I agree about the comments on Claudia - great for the Olympics for a dance contest average. Melvin again was ok hopefully he'll get better. Daisy Low also very good. As for Ed Balls he was better than I expected. Not as wooden as I was expecting but still the worse tonight.

Message 51 of 555

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Week 1 and they can get away with their signature sporting move of sorts. Which really disguises the lack of content or the inability to execute a move so they go for the showstopper which will count in the audience vote as rememberable. Which ironically proving my point,  I completely forgot about Laura right at the beginning...

Yes, Danny was phenonmenal but undermarked. Louise Rednapp quite a dark horse though the Sheepdog jury is still undecided on Daisy Lowe. Good start but something says "struggles with latin".

Its now clear which of the bottom 4 are going to be the early leavers though.

Message 52 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
You know @sheepdog I forgot about Laura too.

Danny was definirely undermarked. And, yes, Daisy Lowe did very well tonight. But does she have the passion for the tango or paso doble can't see it myself. But she could surprise.

Apart from Ed Balls in the bottom 4 I'm not sure who you have in mind. Don't think it will be Judge Rinder as he is entertaining but maybe that's just me as I like him.

Next week will prove interesting. Can't wait.

Message 53 of 555

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Daisy Lowe was good tonight...

However, dancing to Unforgettable by Nat King Cole, linked to the sad story of her grandpa dying recently, was always going get voted higher than expected. I don't think she will score that highly again.

Kevin and Louise did a good jive

Oti and Danny were excellent. A first dance on the opening show...very very good.

I was a bit sad for Anastacia. She started so well then 'lost the plot' a bit....

Noticeable how the judges scored much higher tonight...apart from Ed Balls and Melvin Whatsisname of course Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yup @Cleoriff definitely agree on Daisy. I felt like I was watching X Factor (which I'm watching as I type this!) on Strictly Come Dancing with the sob story.

Loved Kevin and Louise's jive. The jive is one of my favourite dances along with the charleston, the tango and the paso doble. My least favourite the waltz though quite like the fast step.

Yeah Anastacia was too busy showing her "Rocky Mountains" 😂

Yeah I noticed the judges' scoring too yhough I agree with @sheepdog they could have (should have) scored Danny and Oti higher. I found it difficult to keep my eyes off Oti she is SO good.

No further comment on Melvin and Ed Balls. I think we've said it all on these 2.

Message 55 of 555

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

All my favourite dances are in the Latin category. My all time favourite is the Argentine Tango (phew) followed by the Paso. Obviously, I love the jive as that's my era...Bouncy

People say the waltz is difficult. I disagree. My dad was a ballroom dancer and on the very rare occasions I danced with him, I suddenly became very good at the waltz.....purely down to the way he 'bullied' me to keep my head up and follow him ....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 56 of 555

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I just want to mention here I have the greatest admiration for Anastacia. For someone who had cancer followed by a double mastectomy back in 2013 I think she is an inspiration to women everywhere...

No doubt she loved the comment 'Rocky Mountains'....Good for her...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Didn't know that about Anastacia @Cleoriff so I say good on her. I loved the comment "Rocky Mountains" and I did think she did as well. I love Len he does come out with some crackers. I'm gonna miss him when he goes.

I forgot about the Argentine Tango which I love as well as the tango. And, of course, the jive is my era too and I was good at it in my younger days.

Have never danced ballroom and don't think I'd be any good. Wasn't the most graceful dancer which you need to be for the waltz and the quick step which is what I really meant when I said fast step - too many Baccardi and cokes with the friends I'm staying with 🍹😊

Message 58 of 555

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

The only thing I dislike about Strictly is that the Sunday show is never live. They do it all on the Saturday...but show the results on Sunday. A bit of a con really....

However, that being said, the right couple (Melvin and Jeannette) went tonight. They should have been dancing against  Anastacia and Brendon. Thing is, Anastacia was ruled out of the dance off...due to her injury sustained 'last night' so it went to the public vote.

Surprised that Ed Balls wasn't in the bottom two....but there you go

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I totally agree @Cleoriff but unfortunately it's a case of timing and the TV schedules. The BBC don't want to extend the Saturday show by an extra half thus eating into the time of other shows etc etc. Also I think it's "lets up the suspense" of who's likely to be going home. X Factor do exactly the same thing.

Also agree Ed Balls should have been in the bottom 2 but surprisingly he must have a fan base. That's the trouble people vote for those they like rather then who is a better dancer.

And definitely agree Melvin shoild have gone I kept saying "no no no" while I watched him.

Danny was, of course, sensational and Judge Rinder entertaining.

There are some very good dancers, some good dancers and some who I haven't made my mind up on yet.

Loved Bruno who, once again, couldn't keep his mouth from overtaking his brain. And Craig was his usual cheerful self but I love him as he doesn't sugar coat things. Still all in all it was, as usual, a very good show.

Message 60 of 555