cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Food Day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys slight_smile

As you all will know, next week is Pancake day nom nom nom... But if you could have any food for a Special Food Day- what would it be and why?

For us we love a bit of Lady and the Tramp, so it would have to be Spaghetti Bolognese Day, however unlike the film we'd have to insist on Garlic Bread as a side dish slight_smile

Let us know what you think

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

A cheese and beetroot day would work for me, loaded into a massive muffin!:smileyhappy:

For the uneducated, muffin is the local term for what is known in various regions as barm cake, flour cake, bap  etc. Sure there are many other names as well!

Message 2 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a beetroot and cheese muffin (as in the cup cake type muffin) at a food fare once, was scrumptious

Message 3 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

any food that will go with chilli in it or chillies on their own

Message 4 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some form of raisin day? RAISINS FOR ALL!

Message 5 of 46

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

A cheese and beetroot day would work for me, loaded into a massive muffin!:smileyhappy:

Cheese and beetroot makes my favourite sandwich!:smileyhappy:

I buy Garners Pickled Onions and when they're all gone I refill the jar with cooked beetroot, the pickling liquid they use is the best ever.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love to cook and there are so many foods I love I am not sure I could name just one. 

I will say though that I do love cabbage, it has to have some malt vinegar over it but I could eat that by the plate load. 

Even better is to dice some chorizo cook in a frying pan add your sightly boiled cabbage into the pan with a dash of vinegar. YUMMY.

Message 7 of 46

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I will say though that I do love cabbage, it has to have some malt vinegar over it but I could eat that by the plate load.

As a child I refused to eat cabbage until my mum put vinegar on it, loved it ever since!Smiley LOL

Another one I used to love was lettuce with a sprinkle of vinegar and sugar.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 46

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Another one I used to love was lettuce with a sprinkle of vinegar and sugar.

A truly lovely way to cook cabbage. I was enticed in by it too slight_smile

Toad in-the-hole and Cauliflower cheese for me.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions
So...anyone up for a challenge? FACES CAFE CHILDS BREAKFAST CHALLENGE 6 Fried Eggs, 8 Egg Cheese and Potato Omelette, 12 Rashers of Bacon, 12 Sausages, Chips, Mushrooms, 6 Hash Browns, 6 Black Pudding, Beans, Tomatoes, 4 slices of Bread and Butter, 4 slices of Fried Bread and 4 slices of Toast. JUST £15 - or eat it without help within 60 minutes and get your money back!!! 560028 328946333873383 1461156823 n
Message 10 of 46