Anonymous
Not applicable

My favourite player is Shaun Murphy Happy Dance

But if not him then Rocket Ronnie O Sullivan to win Dance

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've always liked Ronnie even when he went off the rails for a while and threw his teddy out of the cot.

So I'll be backing him.
Message 2 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Ronnie O'Sullivan all the way. An absolute genius at the sport in my opinion. He plays exciting watchable

snooker..

(I love the fact that you never know from one tournament to the next how well he will be playing!)

We met him last year when my husband staged a Snooker Legends Weekend at Civic Hall near where we live.

There was a meet and greet dinner beforehand and Ronnie was at our table. I was quite surprised at how shy

and modest he was. A lovely chap.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm very out of touch with the snooker players today! I like watching Ronnie O'Sullivan but I'm not keen on how he comes across.

I got very disillusioned when John Higgins was allowed to continue playing after the match fixing scandal.

I loved watching snooker with my Dad, I can remember being allowed to stay up to watch Steve Davis and Dennis Taylor. I was 10 years old and it was a treat to watch it with Dad.
Message 4 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Totally agree with the John Higgins business  @Anonymous . It tarred the reputation of snooker for all

the decent players.

As for Ronnie. Until I met him I felt the same about his attitude, but he really is extremely shy and humble.

(but then the bad boys of sport are usually the ones who are totally brilliant at it I think...and make it watchable)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate cheating in any sport.  I used to love athletics but I'm very disillusioned now as no one knows who is clean and who isn't.  I'm also a big cycling fan but, after the Lance Armstrong revelations last year, I don't take a lot of interest in that.  I think I knew deep down that he'd cheated but hearing him admit it really upset me as I'd always admired him and what he achieved.

To me John Higgins should have been kicked out of the sport, not given a slap on the wrist.

Message 6 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Add to that...the wonderful Ronnie is trailing 9-7 to Joe Perry (who?) at the Crucible.

He has never been ahead at any stage of this match. He needs to pull his socks up for tomorrows last

session D'oh!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't seen much snooker this time around but I'll try and watch tomorrow.  

I have to say that I say 'who' about most of the players these days!

Message 8 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Phew.....Ronnie O'Sullivan is through to the quarter finals... after a nail biting match that looked at one point as

if he would loseShocked

He was outplayed for most of the match ...but Ronnie turned it round with some genius snooker which  saw

him beat Joe Perry 13-11...Bring on the quarter finals Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Cleoriff Ronnie played well today in the 1/4 finals against my favourite player Shaun Murphy. He leads 6 - 2 so not much hope for Shaun I'd say, but Rock On Ronnie never-the-less as he's my 2nd favourite player Cat Very Happy

Message 10 of 37