Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung in talks to buy Blackberry

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

Subject strongly denied by both parties, but we all know, there's no smoke without fire !!!

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/samsung-s-reported-blackberry-buyout-could-br...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Well i'm sure you'd be happier with this merger than Samsung merging with Apple LOL

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Under UK Takeover Rules Sammy would now have been barred from a takeover for 6 months. I wonder what rules Canada has?

Also Canada is very strict on foreign takeovers and Blackberry is considered a National Security Asset so any takeover is fraught with challenge.
Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Subject strongly denied by both parties, but we all know, there's no smoke without fire !!!

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/samsung-s-reported-blackberry-buyout-could-br...

What do you feel about that Rich? Personally  and with limited knowledge on some buyouts, I think this would be a good thing for Blackberry? It may get its profile raised again.....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Agreed, it can't hurt BB at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
This would be a good move for both parties.
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
It could put bb back on the ladder again
Message 7 of 16

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suspect what would happen would be that Sammy would take all the best bits of BB, especially around security, and then ultimately BB would disappear as a brand sadly.

Would be great for Sammy though as Knox doesn't cut it.
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous that's most likely what would happen but I expect the brand would continue for at least 6 months after purchase
Message 10 of 16