cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumour; Facebook reportedly planning ad network.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Facebook reportedly planning Ad Network for Mobile Devices.

"Facebook is finally following the likes of Google and Yahoo and will launch an advertising network with a focus on mobile platforms, according to Recode."

Personally I hope this does not come to fruition.

Ad's are everywhere and I do submit they generate income etc for sites ,but they are the bane of my life on the Net, with some very rarely being affected !

{ad blocker thankfully for me helps.}

Now Facebook are going to be at it even away from the Facebook site. 😞

What do you think of Ad's ?

Source ; idownloadblog
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/04/20/facebook-reportedly-planning-ad-network-for-mobile-devices/
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've never had a Facebook account don't like it and don't think I will @Anonymous
Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Facebook has it's uses @Anonymous

You can meet new people there and be sociable.

And also has it's pitfalls.

Message 3 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use things like instagram or meet ppl in person dunno I had a bad experience in the past with Facebook so I don't really like it @Anonymous
Message 4 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Morning @Anonymous 

Facebook has its uses I suppose. Just checking though whether you actually HAVE had any experience

with it?

I am a bit confused as you say in one post that you.....

"have never had a FB account and don't want one"

THEN you say..."I had a bad experience in the past with Facebook"

As you see....I do get confused easily! Help

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Your life seems to be full on contradictions @Anonymous . Facebook can be of great benefit for keeping in touch with family soread around the globe.It has it's downsides like everything else in life but for me the positives outweigh the negatives.

Message 6 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Argh a Facebook discussion. I choose to call it by a different name (name edited out)

I Have an FB account but I don't like FB. It has its uses yes but unless I am out of the country then I prefer to speak to people or even better spend time with them.

Social Media has a place but it is sites like FB (and many others of course) that take away our privacy.

Message 7 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Argh a Facebook discussion. Or as I call it FB (edited at the request of poster) Smiley Mad wink

I Have an FB account but I don't like FB. It has its uses yes but unless I am out of the country then I prefer to speak to people or even better spend time with them.

Social Media has a place but it is sites like FB (and many others of course) that take away our privacy.

I agree with you about the privacy issue @Anonymous and sometimes it is worrying about how many

times they contact you with so called changes they plan to make.

I wont 'allow' any such changes on my account but I know they can get round it with your so called friends

'allowing' freedom of access to their accounts.Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cleoriff

I'm afraid with FB (edited) their way is that everything should be shared (and for all their rhetoric it is effectively whether you like it or not). They call the shots and although there are privacy settings for many they appear so complicated that many can't follow them.

Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Knowledge is power @Anonymous

Even now when I speak to people in reference to Privacy Settings in FaceBook Accounts I get a blank look !

The only think I don't like about Facebook is their policy of owning anything one uploads to your account.

Anyhow we digress.

On Topic..... ad's. wink
Message 10 of 28