Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R.I.P Edgar Mitchell

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122903 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Edgar Mitchell, the US Astronaut who was the sixth man to walk on the moon, has died aged 85.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35506000

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122903 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I know I started this as a R.I.P thread to Edgar....but it's fascinating to see how far Space travel has come since his day.

Also making news ... Tim Peake, the British astronaut, will be watching the 6 Nations Rugby live in space today..

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/feb/05/tim-peake-watch-six-nations-england-rugby-match-live-in...

Apparently he packed his England shirt and rugby ball before the trip...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I'd like to see another (?) moon landing. Why has no one country made a landing since the early 70's? Must be a miserable place to stay Smiley Embarassed

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122903 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'd like to see another (?) moon landing. Why has no one country made a landing since the early 70's? Must be a miserable place to stay Smiley Embarassed

Not sure ...but after his time spent on the moon Edgar Mitchell stated it had a profound effect on him. He left Nasa a year later and set up the Institute of Noetic Sciences, which aimed to support "individual and collective transformation through consciousness research".

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Not sure ...but after his time spent on the moon Edgar Mitchell stated it had a profound effect on him. He left Nasa a year later and set up the Institute of Noetic Sciences, which aimed to support "individual and collective transformation through consciousness research".

Yes, the article said he believed we've been visited by aliens. He may have been right. RIP Mr Mitchell

I think the Chinese have landed an unmanned craft recently @jonsie

Ed Mitchell.jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6