Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I must admit I know of his name more from his disability campaigns than his acting, a sad loss
R.I.P
Message 2 of 6

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

So very sad.😟 I had only recently read of his terminal illness. He was a good, caring man and will be sadly missed by all who knew him. RIP Brian. Xx

giphy-3
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My opening post shows I actually knew him better as Brian Rix the master of farce. His subsequent work and commitment to Mencap was outstanding. Slightly sad that he took a stance and voted against the Assisted Dying Bill ....but then changed his opinion about this when he was suffering with his terminal illlness

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

My opening post shows I actually knew him better as Brian Rix the master of farce. His subsequent work and commitment to Mencap was outstanding. Slightly sad that he took a stance and voted against the Assisted Dying Bill ....but then changed his opinion about this when he was suffering with his terminal illlness

I read that too. Sometimes, it takes a personal situation for people to see the importance and validity of their fight. It's always been my opinion that we wouldn't let an animal die in agony.. It should be no different for a human x

giphy-3
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Brian Rix's farces were a highlight of my informative years. God bless him, I thought him long gone. RIP.

Message 6 of 6