cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projecting one's Image?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you noticed lately that many of the "Avatars" now in use on this Community more often than not take up more screen space than the messages beside which they appear?  Is this another dimension of the "selfie" and if so what are contributors anxious to convey to their readers?  Feedback

Gerry

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
My smilie face says it all about me.

On a personal note ~ and the main reason I choose that avatar is because my dearly departed Mum used to sign off birthday cards etc with a smilie face.

😄
Message 2 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My smilie face says it all about me.

On a personal note ~ and the main reason I choose that avatar is because my dearly departed Mum used to sign off birthday cards etc with a smilie face.

😄

@Anonymous   Maybe I have confused the issue (as usual!)  -  I was speaking about the image at the left hand side of all the messages, not what we might add underneath.

Message 3 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Oh but @Anonymous  (or Mr No Avatar as I shall call you now)...I just love big cats...and if I could shove them all on one avatar, I would be very happy LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 30

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

me - I'm just a shadow of my former self LOL

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

If we are to be pedantic, it's called a badge Happy Dance

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

But...who asked for you to be so pedantic? (Just because its a Monday morning):aghast_smiley:

I am not wearing a cougar and cheetah badge...I have a cougar and cheetah avatar... LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Greetings from a beautiful sunny Monday morning in the Lagan Valley.

Personally, being a renowned pedant I don't mind pedantry @MI5 , but the "image" that I referred to in my original posting is called an "Avatar" according to the Settings one may choose in this stone-age message system.   Nevertheless I am quite happy to defer to your adjudication, and so "badge" it is.

So far no one has addressed the question I posed when creating this thread (how unusual is that!!!) -  but I suppose that is because "legend" or "oracle", "enigma" or "desk jockey" or whatever  moniker regular O2 Communicants operate under they are just shy retiring wallfowers when all is said and done.  Smiley Very Happy

Gerry

(The older I grow the more I listen to people who don't talk much. ~Germain G. Glien)

Message 8 of 30

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
What was the question again.......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
What was the question again.......?

Oh dear - memory is the first thing to go, they say. 

Gerry

Message 10 of 30