cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PMs on Mobile Version of O2 Community

Anonymous
Not applicable

I never know where to post my messages so I opt for Off Topic most times.

On my Samsung Galaxy S4 when I view O2 Community there is a small icon about half way down the screen on the right hand side that looks like the head and shoulders of a man.  I think this is meant to be a link to PMs but when I click on it the result seems to be just a list of recently posted messages.   Does the PM feature not work on mobile phones?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can touch on that and then touch inbox.

If you have a new PM their will be an indicator saying so next to it.
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You can touch on that and then touch inbox.

If you have a new PM their will be an indicator saying so next to it.

@Anonymous  Thanks for prompt reply.  There is no inbox to touch.  Are you telling me that it only works if there is in fact a NEW PM to read?

CORRECTION - my apologies @Anonymous   The tabs I was presented with were Posts and More (and I assumed the More meant more Posts - but now that I have touched it  wahoooooooo!  it did present a sub-menu of Inbox, Outbox, Settings and a few others.   Silly me for not exploring properly.  Age really is beginning to tell.    Many, many thanks again for your kind help.

Message 3 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I always use desktop view as mobile view is very limited.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Yes two choices. By default it always goes to mobile view. I click on 'Full' view and that brings up everything as seen on laptop....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

That is my usual practice too @MI5  - but as you will see in my corrected posting I have now discovered, under Uncle BoB's expert tuition, how to use the mobile version properly!!!!    What would I do with you guys?

You two should be appointed honorary MODS!!!

Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I'm not sure I actually desire that accolade Gerry, but happy that you're sorted, for now at least slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Yes two choices. By default it always goes to mobile view. I click on 'Full' view and that brings up everything as seen on laptop....

Oops!  I am having a bad day.  I totally misread MI5's post.   I meant that I usually use my PC if I want to read or wrote PMs.   I never use Full View on Mobile phone.  That defeats the purpose in my estimation. 

Thanks for helping clarify the situation for me @Cleoriff   Very happy to add you to my "What would I do without you guys?"

Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries buddy. 😄
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
On the Note 3 mobile version if there is a pm it shows underneath the little head you refer to "1 unread message" (where 1 is the number of messages that you have in PM). Click on this and it takes you to your inbox.
Message 10 of 15